The Sales Representative is primarily responsible for the outside sales and marketing of all brands with in the assigned account, and managing timely scheduling and aggressive merchandising of all Better Brands portfolio of products and promotions. The Sales Representative is the primary point of contact for the assigned account and uses extensive discretion and independent judgement as well as a consultative approach to managing the portfolio of products that is sold and marketed to the account.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
The duties of the Sales Representative include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and maintain positive and professional relationships with clients and retailers
- Communicate with customer to maximize sales and distribution of product offerings
- Manage the growth of draft and packaged products in Off-Premise accounts
- Market products by displaying or demonstrating product using sample and sell in brochures highlighting salable features
- Plans and supervises promotional activities of the account by selling new brands while focusing on core brands
- Handle promotions appropriately merchandised and coordination of P.O.S
- Follow sales process during each sales call
- Assist in maintaining proper rotation (first in first out policy) and keep-up appearance of all products in designated account area.
- Collaborate with Team Lead and Channel Manager to ensure satisfaction and success of planned promotions
- Monitor retail pricing to reduce competitive promotional advantages
- Manage overall customer relationship experience i.e. informing customers of any products and future pricing variations, resolve customer complaints and listening to suggestions
- Achieve all assigned sales goals i.e. quotas, volume, distribution, promotions, weekly and monthly objectives
- Report and complete weekly and monthly account related documentation
- Ensure all chain programming is executed in a timely fashion
- Ensure planogram accuracy in all accounts
- Aggressively participate in sales and merchandising incentives and special programs
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by management as business conditions warrant
Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma required; college degree preferred
- 1-3 years sales related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Basic or intermediate knowledge of wholesale beer and ale and beverage industry concepts
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a valid driver’s license with a clean and safe MVR history
- Demonstrate proficiency in computer applications, esp. Microsoft Office Suite; knowledge of Encompass route accounting system preferred
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills
- Ability to consistently report to work and to client meetings in a timely fashion
- Ability to effectively practice safe driving and proper lifting techniques
- Ability to interface effectively with other department, customers and vendors
- Ability to behave in a manner which will display loyalty to Better Brands
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, bend and climb stairs and lift, push and move up to 65lbs. The employee is occasionally required to reach, sit and use hand eye coordination.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Travel to client in a motor vehicle for visits on a daily basis in changing climate conditions.
Better Brands, Inc.
Why Work Here?Better Brands, Inc. is a family owned and operated wholesale distributor of quality beer and non-alcoholic products with its origin dating back to 1965. We have enjoyed great success through our dynamic portfolio of products and creating a culture built on the foundation of a winning team of employees. The core values of hard work and customer focus have resulted in us not only being the best beverage distribution operation in the local Myrtle Beach area, but one of the best in the country.
Competitive compensation and full benefits package with potential growth opportunity.
Myrtle Beach, SC