Responsible for all aspects of in-house tool manufacturing, maintenance, development and testing activities to ensure the business objectives are met to maximize productivity and maintain the highest level of workmanship for all tooling activities. Will Lead and coordinate resources within the tool room to ensure all tooling are produced efficiently, on time and in line with quality standards.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized technical advice and support on all aspects of tool design, manufacturing and estimating.
- Support Production and Engineering with tooling technical problems and manage to guarantee on time availability of tools to ensure continuous production and increase Overall Equipment Effectiveness.
- Supervise/Manage the running and plan activities of the tool room facilities and toolmakers, ensuring the tool room is a safe environment.
- Develop and Manage procedural arrangements whereby proposals on new equipment or tool design can be assessed for their impact in performance terms.
- Maximize the use of all resources including IT and database maintenance for tracking all tools, implementing a planned schedule of maintenance and repair activity to ensure a computerized log is kept on faults and service history of tools.
- Provide quotations for new tooling, modifications and repairs.
- Undertake continuous training and development.
- Stay current and up to date on a Preventive Maintenance Program.
- Develop, implement and manage key performance indicators of tool room.
- Minimum of ten (10) years of experience in Tool Room Management.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience in leadership role for Metal Stamping Manufacture.
- Tool and Die Apprenticeship.
- 85% Bilingual English/Spanish.
- Current and Valid US Passport required.
This position will work in our Manufacturing Operations in Reynosa, Mexico.