Assures residents receive optimal care according to their needs and that medications are dispensed appropriately, timely, and accurately.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Sets up medications and passes them to residents following established policies and procedures of the living center.
- Performs narcotic counts at the beginning and end of shift.
- Assists residents with showers, baths, grooming, dressing, toileting and nail care as needed.
- Assists residents with activities of daily living as described on individual care plans
- Assists with basic cleaning and maintenance issues when needed.
- Cleans up after accidents in a timely, efficient manner while maintaining the dignity of the resident.
- Assists residents who have fallen providing safety, security, and compassion.
- Escorts residents to and from dining room as needed.
- Assists in serving meals and beverages and taking meal orders as needed.
- Listens to residents with empathy and assurance. Follows up with appropriate personnel regarding resident concerns.
- Answers call lights with patience and compassion following community guidelines.
- Orders medications from pharmacy following community policies.
- Checks M.A.R.’s for errors following community policy.
- Calls residents families to bring in medications as needed.
- Pulls expired medications or discontinued medications, prepares for drug destruction
- Administers treatments, takes vital signs, and weighs residents.
- Makes rounds on residents to assure their safety and provide assistance as needed.
- Documents charts on residents changes and incidents.
- Documents medical changes and orders on M.A.R. as Dr. orders.
- Admits new residents as directed and following community policy.
- Calls Health Services Director, doctors, and families to inform of change in conditions, incidents, medications, etc. as needed.
- Schedules doctor appointments as needed.
- Assures adequate staffing by handling call offs and absences following community policies and procedures
- Assures lab work, faxes, physician orders and medication reorders are completed an filed cording to community policies and procedures
- Attends meetings as required by Health Services Director and/or Executive Director.
- Maintains confidentiality of residents’ personal information in and out of the community and protects and supports residents’ rights.
- Communicates with residents, families, visitors and employees in a positive manner using excellent customer service skills.
- Maintains a professional appearance and demeanor that encourages a positive nurturing environment for the residents, families, vendors, and guests.
- Demonstrates a SERVANT heart and attitude by following the Bethesda Senior Living Communities’ mission statement.
Managerial Breadth/Scope of Job
May occasionally be assigned to be the shift/team leader as needed.
- Interpersonal skills to communicate with residents and staff.
- Must show compassion and genuinely care for the elderly and disabled.
- Must be knowledgeable of the location of the MSDS sheets on hazardous materials and able to understand the guidelines.
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize work load as emergencies arise.
- Must have knowledge and skills to administer medications safely.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred. Certification in medication administration and CPR as required per state regulations.
Working Environment/Physical Requirements
Moderate physical activity required by handling objects up to 50 pounds occasionally and/or up to 20 pounds frequently. Must be able to stoop, bend, and reach. Must be able to life residents in excess of 100 pounds, with assistance.
PLEASE APPLY DIRECTLY VIA OUR WEBSITE: https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=64713&clientkey=029BCA9B92A6BC868140106C18B3A1AE
Our mission is to provide the highest quality care at an affordable price and live up to our ideals as a faith-based organization. Our friendly and experienced team members, many of whom have been with our organization for more than 10 years, embrace the model of selfless service, which means everything we do is in service of our residents.
Our residents enjoy stimulating environments rich with social activities and wellness programs. Our assisted living programs provide around-the-clock care, safe and secure living, and personalized wellness programs to make life's next phase comfortable, active and, most of all, enjoyable.
We are here to serve.