Did you go to nursing school to make a difference in the lives of your patients? Are you feeling like you spend too little time with each patient only to have to rush to the next one? Perhaps you work in a hospital and have begun to feel as if the patients are rushed through a revolving door. In hospice care, nurses get to know their patients and families. Bethany Hospice encourages nurses to take the time needed to address the patient and family concerns. Our top referral source is families for whom we have already provided care referring another loved one to us. Evidence that we are achieving our goal of excellent care!
Bethany Hospice is seeking a caring Full-time RN Case Manager to join our growing team. Join the best hospice in Pittsburgh as we strive for excellent care for our community. Bethany Hospice is honored that our staff has voted us Best Place to Work in Western PA eight times and a statewide Best Place to Work three times. Hospice Case Manager cares for patients and families in our community including private residences, assisted living and nursing homes. We service patients in a 30 mile radius of our office. Case manage your own territory. The hours are Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm, very little on-call since we employ full-time on-call nurses. Paid holidays, paid vacations and excellent benefits!
- RN License in PA
- At least one year of nursing experience, hospice experience is a plus
- Vehicle, drivers license and car insurance
- Understanding of hospice philosophy and needs of the terminally ill
- Compliance with accepted professional standards and practices
- Ability to work in an interdisciplinary setting
- Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers
- Satisfactory criminal background check
- Presentation of negative TB test or CXR as required by state law
- Demonstrate excellent observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills
- Ability to provide good written documentation in a timely manner
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little supervision
- Flexible and cooperative in fulfilling all obligations
Contact us with questions about the position.