*Please note this role is based in Tangent, OR - All candidates will be expected to relocate as needed. LOW COST OF LIVING!
Interested in working for the #1 sugarbeet seed brand for growers in North America? We currently have an exciting opportunity as an Electrical Journeyman to join our extraordinary team in Tangent, OR. This position will coordinate and oversee day to day maintenance operations within the production facility using a maintenance software program and serving as the electrical and SCADA expert on all processing equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and train the maintenance personnel to identify electrical maintenance issues and safe work practices.
- Perform electrical maintenance and repairs on all equipment.
- Planning/implementing projects as a team member or independently.
- Install and maintain Allen Bradley based systems, including, programming, and troubleshooting.
- Work closely with the production, research, QC, and mechanical maintenance staff on daily operations and projects and troubleshooting.
- Verify electrical installations to meet Oregon laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Program and identify programming problems in the SCADA systems.
- Occasionally travel/drive/operate a forklift on behalf of the business.
- Flexibility to work rotating shifts including on-call as needed (including weekend, night shift, and holidays).
- Oregon Electrical Journeyman’s license or Limited Journeyman Manufacturing Plant Electrical license OR Reciprocal State License - Montana, Arkansas, Utah, Idaho, Maine, West Virginia
- 5+ yrs. relevant work experience or equivalent combination of education/relevant experience.
- Theory of operations and use of Programmable Logic Control units and other computer-based equipment.
- Strong leadership, communication, training and mechanical skills.
- Ability to read and fabricate from blueprints/drawings/sketches.
- Valid driver’s license and ability to be forklift certified.
- Millwright, or mechanical certification.
- Experience servicing equipment such as mechanic, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical.
- Computer experience in maintenance software, Auto Cad, Excel and other Microsoft based programs