Tower Technician I - Wireless Tower Construction*
- Posted: 14 days ago
Assists in the construction, installation, and maintenance of communications towers and support structures and related telecommunications equipment. Tower Technicians work irregular hours, travel frequently, and work at great heights in extreme weather conditions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Climbs and works on communications towers for the purpose of installing, replacing, and repairing antenna systems equipment; performs tower maintenance under close supervision.
- The basic use and care of hand tools and mechanical equipment.
- Knows the hazards associated with tower climbing, construction equipment, and working on or near energized lines and equipment.
- The ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50 lb. load.
- Analyzes situations accurately and adopts an appropriate course of action.
- Communicates orally and in writing.
- Follows instructions accurately and completes assigned course of action.
- Recognizes safety hazards and performs duties in a safe manner.
- Works under close supervision.
- Maintains clean, orderly environment adhering to company policies and industry regulation/standard(s), including but not limited to OSHA and other regulatory agencies.
- This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of basic hand tools, mechanical equipment, and electro-mechanical equipment.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Self-motivated and able to learn quickly.
- Ability to lift over 70 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED).
- 0 to 1 years of industry experience.
- Good communication skills, reading and writing skills (English)
- Clean Driving Record & Valid Driver's License (a must) and reliable transportation to and from work.
- Must be able to accommodate out of town travel, if required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk much of the time. The employee is also occasionally required to sit.
- Ability to lift over 70 pounds.
- Must have the ability to climb tall structures (100 feet or more) with 50lb load.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts; in high, precarious places; and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The employee is frequently exposed to risk of electrical shock and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and extreme cold.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
People who reviewed this job posting also searched for: Tower Climber Technician, Cellular Tower Climber, Tower Climbers, Tower Tech, Telecommunications Tower Climber, Cell Tower Climber, Tophand, Telecom Tower Top Hand, Communication Tower Climber, Wireless Tower Climber, Cellular Tower Technician, Telecom Tower Crew
TechnologyView all jobs at Betacom
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?