Systems Engineer, Finance & HR
The System Engineer will manage all aspects of the Financial and HR systems. This includes ADP and Sage 300 Construction systems, including but not limited to custom reporting, software upgrades, Sage API integrations, system maintenance, and implement custom CRM workflows.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Administer and support the Finance team with our Sage 300 instance.
- Serve as the SME developing, maintaining procedural documentation.
- Identify and implement changes as requested by the Finance team to include any data migration and any required reporting.
- Perform routine maintenance activities of application systems and programs.
- Provide functional support/guidance for the development of custom developed reports.
- Provide Support and guidance on our HR Systems Platform.
- Consult with Human Resources, Finance, Payroll teams to troubleshoot and resolve issues impacting the use of systems.
- Implement custom CRM workflows Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Administer system access for users and recommend group policies and profiles for Sage and ADP profile access.
- Ability to write custom SQL statements Custom reporting using Sage Intelligence and or Crystal Reports.
- Ability to assess HR needs and provide solutions and or provide Plug-In solutions to accommodate HR needs within our ADP environment.
- Assist with establishing an ADP Sandbox for future project testing and future implementations.
- Ability to listen, understand, and proactively facilitate functional solutions.
- Ability to manage contractors providing consultation within our Sage environment.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- From time to time, you may be asked to help support other branches of the IT department when we are short staffed, or another emergency is presented.
- Due to the nature of our industry in Information and Technology, you may be asked to work after hours to support any restoration efforts of any system outages or upgrades.
This position does not carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable state and local government laws.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong people skills to support users effectively.
- Effective interpersonal skills and judgment to handle sensitive and confidential information and situations.
- Working experience with SQL databases and Power BI implementations and reporting.
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently with little direction/supervision.
- Must be a strong team player with excellent communication and relational skills.
- 3+ years’ experience in programming, testing, and implementation of custom solutions within a Sage 300/CRM or similar CRM accounting system environment. Experience as a DBA would be a plus.
- Stable work history with demonstrated experience in the full software development life cycle.
- Proactive in escalating issues and pulling in support from other technical experts as required.
- Knowable in Microsoft Power Bi Solutions to create custom dashboards and or reports for varying market requirements.
- Certification or Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel
objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works in an office environment.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
TechnologyView All Betacom Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.