Director of Sales & Marketing - Vib Hotel Tempe
Best Western Vib Tempe Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the new Vib Hotel Tempe we have taken the comforts and amenities clients expect from a new, boutique hotel, and infused them with a tech-savvy, contemporary, urban feel that is unique to the Tempe area. As we construct not only the hotel itself but also our team, we are committed to building a staff whose talents can be showcased and whose knowledge of Tempe and the surrounding areas is considerable. One of our first and most important positions is the Director of Sales & Marketing. Our DOS will be instrumental in leading and driving top-line revenue strategy for traditional sales related segments to include group, transient volume, and catering. In addition, the DOS is responsible for staying ahead of market trends, market share movement, and ongoing competitive hotel analysis all while directing the property sales teams to success.
Our industry is constantly changing, but our commitment to customer service and excellence does not fluctuate. The addition of a Director of Sales & Marketing will allow us to develop and implement a marketing communications plan to achieve the desired positioning for the hotel, as well as manage the sales and marketing budget that supports revenue attainment. If you’re driven and self-motivated and looking for a long-term career, please apply today for immediate consideration.
· Assess and react to market trends, market share, and the competitive hotel environment
· Act as the hotel's voice of the customer and communicate key issues & concerns at all levels of the organization
· Conduct comprehensive competitive set reviews, SWOT analysis, and keep tabs on new supply
· Develop and implement key segment strategy and manage existing and target accounts
· Design effective sales deployment schemes and market assignments
· Create sales goals designed to achieve budget and market share targets
· Manage group pace measurement and set sales production goals
· Oversee sales activity
· Monitor sales staff and department employees and activity
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or relevant field preferred
· Minimum 3-years experience as a sales leader, hotel background preferred
· Experience working with ownership groups
· Fluent in reading/assimilating/using Smith Travel Research data, financial P&L, and a mix of sales, forecasting, and traditional hotel reporting
· Proficient in using and managing sales automation and PMS systems
· Background working collaboratively with revenue management
· Well rounded knowledge of all market segments and channel sources and ability to develop strategic plans for both
· Excellent communication and presentation skills
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
· Proficient in MS Office including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen
What we offer:
· Competitive starting salary
· Hotel Rewards program
· Room for advancement
· Bonus Opportunities
Best Western Vib TempeWhy Work Here?
Room for growth, great salary, plus bonus opportunity. Work for a new Best Western concept and grow with the company!
BusinessView all jobs at Best Western Vib Tempe