Front Desk Agent / NIGHT AUDITOR RELIEF
Best Western Northwest Indiana Inn Hammond, IN
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Front Desk Agent Job Summary: Represents the hotel to the guest throughout all stages of the guest's stay by working with all hotel personnel to ensure every guest experiences superior customer care. Responsibilities include registering guests, assigning rooms, accommodating special requests, and ensuring the guests have a pleasant stay and smooth checkout. The auditor reviews the work of all front desk agents, corrects errors, posts revenues from restaurant and pub, runs reports, and dictates anything that may need to be done by the next shift.
Front Desk Agent Job Duties:
- Maintains an inventory of vacancies, reservations and room assignments.
- Possesses a working knowledge of the reservations department. Takes same day reservations and future reservations when necessary. Knows cancellation procedures.
- Knows room locations, types of rooms available, and room rates.
- Registers arriving guests and assigns rooms.
- Coordinates room status updates with the housekeeping department by notifying housekeeping of all check-outs, late check-outs, early check-ins, special requests, and part-day rooms.
- Coordinates guest room maintenance work with the engineering and maintenance department.
- Uses persuasive selling techniques to sell rooms and to promote other services of the hotel.
- Knows daily activities and meetings taking place in the hotel.
- Reports any unusual occurrences or requests to their manager.
- Manages and resolves all guest complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Processes guest check-outs and handles monetary transactions.
- Maintains customers' privacy.
- Maintains a high level of professional appearance and demeanor.
- Communicates all pertinent information to other colleagues and department heads.
- Responsible for maintaining neat and orderly workspace.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- auditor reviews all of the above, before closing out the day. This position is 2 days a week, vacation coverage. Hours on the desk will be available as well.
Required Skills & Experience: Front Desk Agent Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous hotel-related experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a warm demeanor.
- Ability to communicate with public, hotel staff, and management in a professional manner.
- Knowledge of surrounding areas and local events.
- Ability to understand and adhere to proper payment methods.
- Able to properly secure guest information.
- Ability to learn safety, emergency, and accident prevention policies and procedures.
- Skilled in the use of front office equipment.
- Knowledge of proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekend, holidays, and overnight.