Position Summary: As prescribed by the property standard operating procedures, the Banquet Server will follow through with the timely execution of set-up, service, and tear-down of events as specified by the event management staff and as specified by the banquet event orders.
Tasks and Duties:
1. At the direction of the Food & Beverage management and event supervisors, review banquet event orders at the beginning of each shift to ensure rooms are set as contracted.
2. Be in communication with the lead server regarding any special needs.
3. Exceed our guests expectations by maintaining a proper dining experience; delivering items, fulfilling customer needs, removing courses, replenishing utensils, refilling glasses, as prescribed by the facilities standard operating procedures, banquet event orders and at the direction of banquet event management staff.
4. Maintain high standards of guest and personal safety, in all areas of the meeting rooms, common areas and back of the house areas.
5. Communicate any areas of need, problems, and concerns from our guests to banquet event management staff.
6. Provide all guests with a lasting guest experience by exceeding their expectations, through personal engagement, professional appearance and demeanor.
7. Delivering alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in your assigned area or by properly opening and pouring wine at the tableside.
8. Properly engage with all guests, even outside of you assigned areas or your job description function. Engage with all guests, peers and co-workers with warmth and sincerity.
9. Performing basic cleaning tasks as needed or directed by event management staff.
10. Adhere to an exception high level of personal grooming and appearance consistently.
11. To report to work on time as specified by the weekly department schedule or at the designated time specified by the event management staff.
Experience: Previous serving experience preferred. Excellent oral communication skills required. Positive interpersonal skills required. Must be able to speak English fluently and be able to write in basic English.
Physical: Must have the ability to bend, squat, and frequently lift 25 pounds and occasionally 50 pounds. You must be able to exert a well-paced mobility, and to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously. You must be able to be on your feet for an extended period of time. This position requires manual dexterity, grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, visual acuity, hearing and speaking ability.