Best Materials is seeking a top candidate who is very detail oriented, innovative and brings enthusiasm to our growing team. The purchasing functions are a vital and demanding portion of our business, leading the organization in nourishing vendor relationships through cost negotiations, terms, and order fulfillment support. This position will report to the Purchasing Manager.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensure adequate inventory levels to support customer orders.
- Perform root-cause analysis in any areas of significant failures (e.g stock-in %, high backlog, overstock inventory, vendor delays) in a timely manner.
- Identify inactive/excess products for redistribution, return or resale.
- Ensure vendors are performing optimally and help resolve any issues with vendors expeditiously.
- Creation and submittal of purchase orders.
- Create and maintain long-term business relationships with suppliers.
- Purchase of all materials for the best price and quality.
- Monitor and drive performance to improve on-time delivery of inbound and outbound shipments.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required
- HS diploma required; some college preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant experience preferred
- 1+ years experience with SAP Business One preferred
- Competent in computer skills in MS Office, including Word, Power point, and Excel
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills across all levels of the organization Some knowledge of inventory control procedures
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent analytical and statistical skills
- Must be a self-starter and able to both work alone and in a team environment