Adoptions Specialist - Dogtown
- $22 Hourly
Best Friends recently received a 2022 Top Workplaces USA award from Energage. Visit the Best Friends Animal Society page on the Energage Top Workplaces award winners’ site here to learn more.
Not only do we take pride in cultivating a welcoming and supportive community and culture for our employees, but we also offer competitive benefits that make it easy to see why we were granted such an awesome award! Take a look for yourself! We offer competitive pay including the opportunity to receive a discretionary bonus based on performance. We offer medical, dental, vision, basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability, dependent care reimbursement, pet sitting reimbursement when traveling for work, flexible spending account, and health savings account. We offer generous paid time off up to 9 hours per month for full time employees, 9 paid holidays annually, auto insurance discount, and legal and identity theft coverage. For added well-being support, we offer Pawternity Leave for employees to have time to care for their personal pets, mental health support, and an employee assistance program. We also offer a generous 401k savings plan. Do you want to love where you work? Look no further and apply online today!
Location: Kanab, Utah (relocation assistance may be available)
Hiring Range: The hiring range for this position starts at $22.50 per hour.
Position Summary: Adoptions Specialists are responsible for the daily functions and growth of lifesaving outcome programs, specifically adoptions. Specialists act with urgency to accomplish important tasks and play a direct role in achieving Best Friends Animal Society’s no-kill mission and organizational success. While this role includes responsibilities in all outcome-focused programs, specialists may receive intensive assignments in a particular program, based on organizational needs.
Culture Statement and Responsibility: We value attitude over aptitude, and we treat Kindness as a discipline because it is paramount in our culture along with our other Guiding Principles. Culture is how we talk to and treat ourselves and one another, it’s how we generate and respond to change, it’s how we plan and make decisions, it’s how we do what we do.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate kindness and the Golden Rule in our everyday actions by practicing inclusion and respect for every person for the value they bring to the table. Be a role model for the spirit of authenticity, kindness, and positive influence with each other, our visitors, and volunteers as well as to the animals every day. This includes listening, being present, being supportive of others, and demonstrating compassion and curiosity in conflict.
- Work closely with Dogtown Lifesaving Specialist and Leadership team to understand the needs of the animals in our care, as well as those of the department.
- Promote, coordinate, and facilitate mobile, remote, and on-site pet adoptions, providing superior customer service, new pet parent counseling, and post-adoption support throughout.
- Develop a general knowledge of the animals in the Best Friends’ care; deliver superior customer service, assist adopters, fosters, and transfer partners by gathering information to match them with appropriate animals, arranging introductions, pet to pet meets; acquiring/providing medical records, health certificates (when necessary), follow-ups as needed or required.
- Work collaboratively with Best Friends’ team members in all areas of operations to achieve lifesaving goals; follow Best Friends policies, procedures, and task lists for daily lifesaving outcome assignments, including accurate and timely communications, work completion, data entry, and record keeping.
- Maintain a safe workplace, value, and model safe work practices, adhere to organizational safety practices and rules, and communicate to leadership about unsafe practices and conditions.
Skills and Experience:
- Candidate should have familiarity and comfort with a conversational adoption process. Previous experience with facilitating adoptions is a plus.
- Prior experience working with the public, preferably in an animal welfare environment.
- Ability to work with, leash, kennel, walk, and handle dogs, including those with health and/or behavior conditions/concerns; basic ability to identify and speak to medical and behavioral characteristics of dogs and cats.
- Bilingual or multi-lingual skills preferred but not required.
- Customer-centric, non-judgmental approach to engaging with adopters, partners, visitors, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a team player, personable, professional, and able to get along with people from different backgrounds, as well as the ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with well-developed organization skills to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Resourceful, get-it-done attitude; the initiative to assist in any area or process; problem-solving, seeking answers independently and enthusiastically; the flexibility to persist until goals are achieved.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products; familiarity with shelter software/animal management software, or desire to learn.
- Must be able to:
- Routinely lift 40 pounds and perform daily strenuous activities including, but not limited to lifting, carrying, reaching, stooping, squatting, cleaning, and bending.
- Perform repetitive tasks for extended periods of time including typing, sitting, walking, arm, and hand motion.
- Work indoors and outdoors in a variety of weather conditions including extreme heat and cold.
- Exposure to dogs, cats, and other animals of all sizes, temperaments, and medical status.
- Valid driver’s license, meeting Best Friends Animal Society’s driver qualification standards; ability to travel, including overnight stays, when needed.
- Daily hours and days of the week may vary according to the needs of the department schedule; the position includes weekends, nights, and holiday work.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, or domestic partner status.
Applicants for employment in the US must have valid work authorization that does not now and/or will not in the future require sponsorship of a visa for employment authorization in the US by Best Friends Animal Society.
Best Friends Animal SocietyKanab, UT
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.