Provide administrative, clerical and research support to the Dogtown Management team.
- Liaison between managers, department and Sanctuary staff.
- Order supplies and equipment for dog areas as requested by management.
- Prepare weekly staffing schedule.
- Maintain payroll records through ADP, including coordination of PTO requests, holidays, sick days, etc.
- Schedule continuing education for all staff members including workshops and supportive training needs, and maintain a current tracking sheet on employees who attend.
- Coordinate and maintain meeting schedules and posted department information, etc...
- Assist with project management.
- Maintain file system of employee records and information.
- Assist in research of potential projects, help provide and create written processes.
- Prepare monthly department reports (stats) using Shelterluv system.
- Review monthly financial reports. Assist with maintaining monthly budget information, variance reports and yearly budget preparation.
- Prepare department bills for payment through Certify.
- Scheduling of one-week candidates and interns, coordinate and gather evaluation information for manager's review.
- Conduct Dogtown orientation for new hires, one-week candidates, and interns.
- Coordinate with team leaders and staff to be sure new hires receive required training and information.
- Prepare department credit card reconciliation statements.
- Answer correspondence in a timely and professional manner.
- Cross-train and be able to cover the front-desk as needed.
- Order dog food and maintain food stats through Springboard.
- Promote and prioritize positive outcomes for the dogs in our care by assisting with Adoptions when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 2 years previous related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in interacting with the general public. Customer service experience.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. The ideal person for this job would be a team player, professional, organized, upbeat, energetic, takes initiative, uses tact and diplomacy.
- Work requires continual attention to detail. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Must have proficiency with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, research, and presentation software (Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook). Comfortable learning new software programs and using online information systems.
- Ability to apply effective independent judgment.
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays.
- Ability to professionally advocate Best Friends' position on issues.
- Valid driver's license with access to transportation to travel on organization business.
- Must be able to routinely lift 40 to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time.
- Work at a computer for long periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Perform bending, stooping, reaching, lifting and other physical movements for the purpose of filing, moving equipment, supplies, etc.
Thank you for your interest in pursuing a career at Best Friends Animal Society. Best Friends Animal Society is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, or medical condition.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro