Senior Category Specialist / Procurement for Marketing
Store NUmber or Department:
We believe that our company's success depends on the passion and creativity of our amazing employees. To create environments in which our people can fully thrive, we turn to our guiding behaviors: Be human. Make it real. Think about tomorrow. These set the tone for Best Buy, along with our Rallying Cry: Let's talk about what's possible. Our supportive leaders collaborate with their teams through ongoing feedback and two-way dialogue to maintain a culture continual learning. All these factors combine to create an unbeatable experience for both customers and employees. If you like to have fun while you work, build confidence and grow your career, you'll fit right in.
The Senior Category Specialist / Procurement for Marketing is responsible for the category management (sourcing, negotiation, contracting and RFx) for an established portfolio of highly similar products and services. Create value while reducing total cost of ownership through proactive category management in alignment with category strategies and by leveraging world-class negotiation and sourcing strategies. This position interacts with leaders throughout all levels of the Best Buy organization. The position also closely works with 3rd party contracted partners.
What will you do?
- Source and/or negotiate a highly similar portfolio of semi-complex Marketing (Creative, Events, Photography, Production, Social/Influencers, etc.) services with tools, processes, and strategies to drive and achieve business results in the following capabilities:
- GNFR (Goods Not for Resale, or Direct Spend) Supplier Sourcing and Portfolio Management: Ability to create a portfolio of available and preferred suppliers, proactively manage the sourcing, negotiation and contracting for Marketing agreements including, but not limited to RFx execution, manage contract expirations and renewals, perform benchmarking and total cost analytics, and maintain service levels from suppliers).
- GNFR Supplier Relationship Management (ability to identify and establish relationships with credible suppliers and create a mutually beneficial relationship).
- GNFR Contract Management (ability to create and manage contracts, managing and monitoring compliance, and reducing exposure to risk factors).
- Perform Procurement functions:
- Influence and support sourcing and contracting strategies to help determine the best approaches, tools and methodologies for each project.
- Leverage tools, policies and relationships to help educate internal clients on best sourcing practices to achieve optimal results.
- Partner with Procurement Operations team to ensure a total sourcing and procurement solution is delivered to Best Buy. Support end-to-end source-to-pay process through launch of new iProcurement tool. Utilize operations support to deliver optimal outcomes.
- Lead communications with cross-functional areas in establishing and sustaining this function within Commercial Office, ensuring compliance in the use of sourcing and procurement services.
- Support Category leadership with more complex category management activities including but not limited to spend reporting, contract redlines, negotiations, supplier research and RFx.
- Act with subject matter expertise and industry knowledge within the established portfolio set of products and services.
- Self-Development /Management:
- Set clear effective goals and expectations for self as a key part of managing performance to drive business outcomes. Determine and execute personal developmental opportunities to develop skills, knowledge and experiences. Express, model and reinforce leadership behaviors, with special emphasis on integrity, code of conduct, and Efficient Enterprise.
- 3+ years of Procurement or equivalent experience to include sourcing/buying, negotiation and contracting.
- 3+ years of experience working as an attorney with commercial transactions (inclusive of drafting, redlining and negotiating contracts to reduce business risk).
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain or closely related field
- Marketing/Media category-specific procurement or legal equivalent experience, with outsourced relationship/partner development, in multiple marketing disciplines
- Buying/Merchant experience
- Experience working with or at marketing agencies
- Experience working with and leveraging outsourced service providers
- Demonstrated strong negotiation, analytical, planning and execution skills
- Member affiliations: ISCM; IAOP; Association of National Advertisers, American Association of Advertising Agencies, MIMA or other Marketing/Advertising industry associations
In addition to offering a challenging and fulfilling opportunity, we have a competitive salary and bonus program, Paid Caregiver Leave, full benefits including 23 days of PTO (that is 4 weeks!), and a generous employee discount. Our campus has many amazing amenities, including: full cafeteria, fitness center, onsite discounted daycare, not 1 but 2 Caribou's, US Bank, dry-cleaning service, company store, Farmers Market ONSITE every week, and free covered parking (you won't have to brush snow off of your car in the winter!)
Address Line 1:
7601 Penn Avenue South
Manager without Direct Reports
Corporate Jobs, Procurement