Senior, Program Manager
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Senior, Program Manager
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Deputy Director, Programs or TBD
Direct Reports: 0-3
Salary Range: $45,000 - $50.000
Location: Work From Home position, must reside on the East Shore of Maryland
Position Overview: The primary responsibility of the Program Manager is to work with those throughout their communities to drive the mission of Best Buddies forward through their involvement with our school and community-based Friendship Programs. Our Program Managers are fundamental to engaging people in our mission and serving as a support person as our members create more inclusive communities for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities (IDD). The Program Manager is responsible for working closely with our chapter & community leadership to manage our volunteer base and provide a high-quality experience. This role is fundamental to establishing an environment that is inviting, engaging, inclusive and volunteer driven.
The Senior, Program Manager’s primary role is to implement a strategic plan for programmatic growth, and support programs through the creation of trainings and resources. The Senior, Program Manager will select new programs, train chapter leaders (school and corporate) to advance engagement in the mission, facilitate the certification process to officially open Best Buddies programs, and track the ongoing certification process to ensure all chapter leaders meet mission standards. Key responsibilities may also include supporting other staff and volunteers to ensure chapters are engaged in the mission; overseeing chapter events; and overseeing staff.
Job Qualifications – Qualified applicants must have:
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-4 years relevant experience in volunteer and committee management; Best Buddies program experience a plus
- Experience managing, driving, and motivating volunteers for the cultivation and solicitation of program development and special event support.
- Strong project management skills - including planning, analysis, decision making, and problem solving - and willingness to multitask
- Must be highly dependable, lead by example and be willing/able to adapt communication style to fit the situation
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with IDD, including youth and adults.
- Exhibit strong communication skills; Ability to adapt and convey, influence, and negotiate
- Ability to create new approaches; design processes & procedures; lead large-scale change. Exhibit strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and database programs
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance or other reliable transportation
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Develop programmatic trainings and resources to promote awareness of and engagement in Best Buddies mission, including but not limited to corporate partner trainings, ambassadors, and e-Buddies trainings.
- Facilitates the rollout of new programmatic initiatives and changes to current initiatives
- Directly manages programs as needed
- Oversee volunteer committees to implement trainings, manage chapters and advance mission
- Determine state needs to expand Best Buddies programs in elementary, middle, and high schools, colleges, and at the citizen corporate level and through community buddy pairs.
- Work with the State/Area Director to identify schools and corporations to start Best Buddies chapters for youth and adults.
- Help develop a pipeline for growth in the region by making contacts with schools, community groups, corporations, etc.
- Evaluate and analyze chapter engagement data and utilize for long-term state goals and strategy.
- Serve as liaison for National Ambassadors Initiatives
- Set expectations for participation in all state events and programmatic initiatives.
- Supports recruitment efforts in school programs for transition and employment participants, where applicable
- Strategize social media calendar that incorporates all program and development initiatives, and create content
- Represent Best Buddies programs through public speaking, presenting to groups, community involvement, and other initiatives.
- Identify and develop fundraising opportunities and partnerships to support regional events and/or programmatic support and expansion, including corporate Citizens partners, Ambassadors for events, and school districts
- Support programmatic participation in local and regional fundraising events as directed by the State/Area Director.
- Oversees recruitment, screening, hiring, and training of programs staff as necessary and in accordance with Best Buddies guidelines.
- Approves reports, conducts staff evaluations, and provides appropriate guidance and motivation for programs staff
- Monitors due dates for actions using the online staff portal, and works with State/Area Director to ensure that reviews, time off requests, candidate screening, and employee recognition are completed accurately and on time
- Works with State Director on developing and managing the programmatic state plan initiatives. Understanding of standards on processes and be in compliance to the Best Buddies policies and procedures (i.e., incident reporting, etc.)
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive Best Buddies information and participant PII.
- Use Benevolence, Microsoft Outlook, social media, and Salesforce to appropriately communicate with participants and the community
- Maintain data integrity and tracking in all systems.
- Abide by all professional standards for staff when working with volunteers and program participants, as detailed in the Best Buddies Staff Policy Handbook, including the use of social media, office attire, and use of Best Buddies email accounts.
- Oversee data integrity and tracking in all systems.
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits programs that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.
Best Buddies Int. Inc
Get fresh Global Volunteers jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.