- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Program Manager (Generalist)
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Program Supervisor
Salary Range: $39,000-$42,000
The primary responsibility of the Program Manager is to work with those throughout their communities to drive the mission of Best Buddies forward through their involvement with our school and community- based Friendship Programs. Our Program Managers are fundamental to engaging people in our mission and serving as a support person as our members create more inclusive communities for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities (IDD). The Program Manager is responsible for working closely with our chapter & community leadership to manage our volunteer base and provide a high-quality experience. This role is fundamental to establishing an environment that is inviting, engaging, inclusive and volunteer driven.
The program manager’s primary role is to provide support, resources, and serve as the point of contact for program participants. The program manager is responsible for regular communication with our volunteers and members, providing key information on our program policies, database tools, training tools and up-coming events. The goal of this role is to support participants and chapter recruitment efforts. This includes hosting virtual and/or in-person trainings, and engagement activities, communicating Best Buddies deadlines and expectations using online platforms, and ensuring participation from its members.
This position reports to the Tysons, VA office but will ideally be located in the Richmond, VA area.
Job Qualifications – Qualified applicants must have:
- Bachelors degree or 2 years relevant experience in volunteer management; Best Buddies program experience a plus
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with IDD, including youth and adults.
- Must be adaptable and able to quickly and effectively develop and balance multiple relationships and get results from a variety of people.
- Basic project and time management skills.
- Exhibit strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exhibit strong initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills.
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A clear understanding of multiple communication platforms and proficient use of social media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must be willing and able to travel frequently, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary to accomplish job responsibilities.
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance or other reliable transportation
Job Duties (include but not limited to):
- Support chapters through direct and consistent communication using virtual networks, online platforms, and in-person meetings.
- Provide mission-focused guidance and support to chapter members and volunteers to ensure they are working towards overall mission outcomes.
- Provide information on web-based resources and other training opportunities
- Responsible for tracking all reporting and chapter updates using online platforms
- Understand and communicate programmatic goals, responsibilities, and risk policies to ensure all volunteers operate within guidelines, including chapter dues, buddy pair matching, and chapter leadership development.
- Track and provide support for volunteers to grow with our organization throughout their academic career and post-secondary, including the Best Buddies Jobs program.
- Manage state citizen matches and support/cultivate corporate chapters.
- Host community trainings to promote awareness of and engagement in Best Buddies mission, including but not limited to corporate partner trainings, ambassadors, and e-Buddies trainings.
- Work in partnership with the local, state, and national teams to support awareness and promotion of Best Buddies on social media and through other marketing efforts.
- Represent Best Buddies programs through public speaking, community involvement, and other initiatives.
- Support stewardship efforts by providing regular information on our volunteer engagement, friendship matches, and programmatic impact.
- Communicate opportunities for volunteers to participate in organization-wide marketing efforts such as Spread the Word and cause marketing campaigns.
- Promote the use and adherence of the Best Buddies style guide when working with chapters on their printing or merchandise related projects.
- Advance local, state, and national fundraising efforts by both providing direct support and engaging volunteers.
- Attend and provide direct support to state fundraising events and national events, as requested.
- Provide data and assessment on program impact, to support fundraising proposals and reporting back to donors and constituents. Ensure participation from all chapters in the Annual Best Buddies Leadership Conference and the state’s Friendship Walk.
- Understanding of standards on processes and be in compliance to the Best Buddies policies and procedures (i.e. incident reporting, etc.)
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive Best Buddies information and participant PII.
- Use Bene, Microsoft Outlook, social media, and Salesforce to appropriately communicate with participants and the community
- Maintain data integrity and tracking in all systems.
- Abide by all professional standards for staff when working with volunteers and program participants, as detailed in the Best Buddies Staff Policy Handbook, including the use of social media, office attire, and use of Best Buddies email accounts.
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits programs that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.
Best Buddies Int. Inc
Get fresh Non Profit Organization jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.