- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Grant Writer
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Director, State Operations
Salary Range: $40,000 - $50,000
Position Overview: The grant writer will work in conjunction with the state development team to increase our grant writing efforts for competitive corporate, foundation and government awards. This includes conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals: researching, compiling, writing, and editing grant applications
- Qualified applicants must have: Bachelor’s degree or at least 4 years’ relevant experience
- Grant writing experience preferred
- Knowledge of non-profit funding sources preferred
- Excellent written/verbal communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to plan/manage workflow on multiple projects simultaneously, and work with limited supervision.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and donor management databases
- Proofreading/editing skills essential.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexible and strong work ethic.
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work as part of the statewide team to develop and execute on the grant strategy
- Develop a clear understanding of Best Buddies and keep the mission front and center in every grant effort.
- Provide support for Best Buddies programs as assigned
- Prepare customized proposals according to each foundation’s guidelines, including program budgets, timelines, goals, objectives, outcomes, and evaluation criteria for grants with the state development team
- Assist state development team with researching foundations.
- Assist the state development team in maintaining a strong and positive relationship with current and prospective funders through letter, email and phone correspondence
- Develop and write letters of inquiry and proposals in response to solicitations for our state offices.
- Take an active role in the identification of private funders and in the research and development of grant proposals to foundations and corporations that have potential to support new and ongoing program initiatives.
- Set meetings with state staff to access monthly deadlines.
- Work with field staff to gain insight into local foundations and to gather local data/information about individual communities.
- Manage full range of the grants process with the state development team including identification/qualification of opportunities, development of responses and financial reports.
- Organization of standard attachments including but not limited to the organization’s Board of Directors list, bylaws, 501(c) (3) letter of determination, most recent financial audit, and most recent 990.
- Maintain and track applications and reports, develop calendars and generate thank you letters from the CEO.
- Work with the state development team and program staff to produce funder reports.
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits program that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.
Best Buddies Int. Inc
AddressFort Myers, FL
Get fresh Non Profit Grant Writer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.