- Posted: over a month ago
- $50,000 to $60,000 Yearly
Best Buddies International is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to establishing a global volunteer movement that creates opportunities for one-to-one friendships, integrated employment, leadership development, and inclusive living for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD).
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Director, Operations
Department: State Programs and Operations
Reports to: State Director
# of direct reports: 0-3
Salary: $50,000.00 - $60,000.00
Position Overview: The Director of Operations is responsible for providing operational leadership and support to all staff statewide, and ensuring that all staff are properly trained, office infrastructure is in place and working properly, expenses are accurately tracked, and timelines for reports to funders and headquarters are thoroughly understood and met.
- Superior project/time management skills - including planning, analysis, attention to detail, and problem solving - and willingness to multitask
- Superior initiative, drive for results, and self-assessment skills, and ability to lead individuals and teams in setting and achieving challenging goals
- Must be highly dependable, lead by example and be willing/able to adapt management style to fit the situation and hold staff accountable for meeting set expectations
- Superior written communication and editing skills
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong understanding of social media and proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to effectively gain information and insight through questioning/probing and observation of staff in the field, analyze information, and provide meaningful feedback
- Must be comfortable engaging with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)
- Must travel, use personal cell phone, and work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to accomplish job responsibilities
- Bachelor’s degree or minimum 5-7 years’ relevant experience
- Access to an automobile with applicable insurance
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
Operations and Finance
- Researches and evaluates Maryland funding opportunities in cities, counties, and state government agencies; oversees calendar and application process
- Is confident and able to fill in for State Director when needed
- Reviews and approves all contracts, check requests, and orders for office infrastructure, including copiers, telecommunications, computers, and postage machines
- Oversees office logistics such as supply orders, phone systems, computer back-up/networking, etc.
- Maintains communication with State Director with timely reports, quarterly goals, and other information as directed
- Works with State Director on developing and managing the operational state plan initiatives
- Oversees the management the state's programs budget, tracking expenses monthly
- Tracks all Programs and Management expenses statewide and works with State Director on monthly budget projections
- Maintains Raisers Edge data and portfolio management
Marketing and Fund Development
- Works with State Director to track prospective individual, corporate, and foundation donors
- Works with State Director to ensure that program participants and staff are appropriately integrated into fundraising efforts, and that grant proposals reflect realistic programmatic goals
- As appropriate, researches grant opportunities, maintains accurate records and submits reports as required by funders with support from BBI Grants Department
- As appropriate, works with State Director to create a strong presence for Best Buddies programs in the state through public speaking, community involvement, public service announcements, and other media initiatives
- Oversees organization of local content and images for updates to state website and ensures uses Sphere database appropriately to communicate with participants and the community
- Oversees recruitment, screening, hiring, and training of program staff as necessary and in accordance with Best Buddies guidelines.
- Works with State Director on hiring/recruitment of Programs staff, including posting positions, screening resumes, and conducting interviews
- Monitors due dates for actions using the online staff portal, and works with State Director to ensure that reviews, time off requests, candidate screening, and employee recognition are completed accurately and on time
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits program that include financial security, health and wellness and time off.
Best Buddies Int. Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Best Buddies Int. Inc