Coordinator, Best Buddies Living
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Best Buddies is the world’s largest organization dedicated to ending the social, physical and economic isolation of the 200 million people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Our programs empower the special abilities of people with IDD by helping them form meaningful friendships with their peers, secure successful jobs, live independently, improve public speaking, self-advocacy, and communication skills, and feel valued by society.
Job Title: Coordinator, Best Buddies Living
Department: State Operations and Programs
Reports to: Residential Manager, Best Buddies Living
Salary Range: $20 an hour (20 hours a week)
Revised date: 10/21/21
Position Overview: The role of the Best Buddies Living Support Coordinator is to support the Best Buddies Living program in Washington, D.C. through providing one-on-one supports for residents and assisting with administrative tasks.
- 3+ years of experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD)
- Local in Washington D.C. preferred. Must have reliable transportation and flexibility to commute.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Must be comfortable engaging with one-on-one in a home setting with individuals with IDD
- Must be comfortable working with individuals with IDD on life skills such as: grocery shopping, budgeting, laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking public transportation etc.
- Must be professional, energetic, positive
- Have reliable cell phone to make calls and/or computer
- Must be able to work nights and weekends
Job Duties include - but are not limited to:
- Work directly with participants on independent living skills including, but not limited to: grocery shopping, budgeting, laundry, cooking, cleaning, taking public transportation, etc.
- Assist Residential Manager in developing and tracking resident goals
- Conduct weekly check-in’s with residents
- Research local events for residents to participate in
- Assist Residential Manager in recruiting for any open spaces through Facebook, Craigslist, etc.
- Provide weekly documentation of communication and outreach
- Provide on-call coverage for Residential Manager when needed
Best Buddies® is an affirmative action employer, in addition to an EOE and M/F/V/PWD/PV employer. Diversity, equity, and inclusion are foundational to Best Buddies International’s core values and help the organization continue to achieve its mission. Here at Best Buddies, our goal is to lead and advocate for a more inclusive world.
Best Buddies offers a comprehensive and generous benefits programs that include financial security, wellness and time off. .
Best Buddies requires weekly COVID-19 testing for all staff.
Best Buddies Int. Inc
EducationView all jobs at Best Buddies Int. Inc