Asset Management Analyst
Best Bay Apartments, Inc. Oakland, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Riaz Capital is an Oakland, California based fully integrated development, construction and property management company, focused on addressing the changing housing needs of the millennial generation. Our mission is that anyone who earns area median income can afford a place they would love to call home by building transit-oriented high-quality apartments at an affordable price point for our residents.
Our vertically integrated development firm has operated in the Bay Area since 1977, which has led to the development of market knowledge, civic relationships, and a clear understanding of how to build high quality housing efficiently. Today, the Riaz Capital team manages over 1,300 units and has roughly 1,500 residences in development or construction. Our team has grown to over 60 talented professionals across core competencies in development, construction, property management, finance & capital markets to exercise control and speed of execution through every stage of the development cycle.
Our core design is a 300 +/- square foot studio that incorporates all of the necessary functions of a housing unit with space to sleep, go to the bathroom, prepare food, entertain guests, hangout, work and store belongings. We have begun the deployment of these studios in three primary building types: Townhouses (3-story walk up), Mid-Rise Apartments (5-stories with elevator) and Hospitality Conversions (garden-style walk up). These studios are the result of a years-long synthesis of our experience from micro-units, student housing, traditional multi-family, and co-living. Our studios foster total privacy and security, which provides our residents with a sense of independence (and individuality) all within the fabric of a larger community. Each of our projects has an emphasis on architectural creativity, walkability, interior landscaping and privacy.
Asset Management Analyst
The Asset Management Analyst position is an ideal opportunity to work alongside our Chief Portfolio Officer in asset and property management verticals to obtain significant multifamily real estate experience in a fast-growing company. This position is responsible for supporting CPO in managing the overall performance of a portfolio.
Primary job functions:
- Portfolio Operations:
- Manage the overall financial/operational performance, growth and stabilization of the portfolio.
- Collaborate with the project team to execute on the construction portion of the business plan for acquired assets.
- Conduct weekly building inspections to assess property condition and ensure. that property operations/projects are performing within set budgets and schedule.
- Manage the investor and loan reporting processes, including monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting to investors on property performance.
- Manage insurance, lender and city compliance related requests.
- Manage the rent increase process.
- Assist the acquisitions team with coordination throughout the due diligence period of both acquisitions and dispositions on request by senior management.
- Assist with compiling disclosure packages and support for acquisitions and dispositions.
- Other misc. finance and asset management tasks as directed.
The ideal candidate for this position will thrive in a highly entrepreneurial, social, and fast-paced environment. This candidate should be extremely motivated to improve their understanding of all aspects of the real estate investment field, be an enthusiastic team player, offer innovative ideas and have the ability to manage multiple priorities. Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision-making and follow-up skills are required.
- 3+ years of experience in Commercial Real Estate, Public Accounting, or related field
- Debt financing, investor reporting, acquisitions/asset management responsibilities a plus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office Including Word, Excel and Powerpoint
- Team player who can prioritize varied tasks from different managers
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Strong desire for a career in Multi-family real estate
- BS or BA in Business, Finance, Real Estate or related field
Riaz Capital is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in the workplace.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Start Date: Immediately
Location: Oakland Office
Best Bay Apartments, Inc.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Best Bay Apartments, Inc.