Company: Penguin Random House LLC
Requisition ID: 59011
Penguin Random House is seeking an Associate Sales Manager or Sales Manager to join the Penguin Random House Special Markets sales team. This position will be responsible for working closely with the field sales team and selling all core and client titles into niche retail accounts.
This unique role will also focus on assisting in the management of sales and operations of the gift rep sales force. The ideal candidate will have a talent for training and working with an outside sales force, including aiding in creation of best practices, incentives, new tools, and other tactics to enhance overall sales efforts. This position will be responsible for delivering seasonal sales presentations of the full Penguin Random House list to the sales force. Analyze monthly group sales and trends in the market.
Additionally, this role will work closely with sales reps on key accounts including setting account goals, developing strong relationships with accounts and reps, inspiring creative merchandising ideas, partnering with custom publishing to create exclusive products, create presentations and attend sales meetings representing all PRH core and distribution clients.
The (Associate) Sales Manager will have the opportunity to attend and work major regional trade shows such as Atlanta, Seattle, Dallas, Los Angeles, and New York.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain a monthly forecast for each account and communicate in a constructive manner the opportunities and challenges.
- Craft targeted pitches, seasonal PowerPoint presentations, and mailchimp newsletters.
- Maintain regular communication regarding account information to retailers, publishers, imprint sales team and management.
- Analyze monthly group sales and trends in the market.
- Meet with regional accounts on a regular basis.
- Discuss creative merchandising ideas with accounts/reps for better placement/sales opportunities.
- Responsible for growing existing business with current accounts.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in adult or children's publishing; minimum of 5 years to be considered at the Manager level
- Prior experience managing accounts independently is strongly preferred
- Proven ability to create retail promotions and develop other strategies to increase sales
- Proven relationship building skills internally and externally
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be results driven and take appropriate steps to achieve strategic goals set forth by sales management
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively while also ensuring accuracy of work through attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to successfully prioritize, follow up, and work on multiple projects at a time
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to travel up to 30% of the year via plane, train, or car
Please apply using our online application process, and please include your resume and cover letter with salary requirements. Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Penguin Random House is the leading adult and children's publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Penguin Random House Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children's Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others. More information can be found at http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/.
Penguin Random House values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.