Position title: Automotive Detailer/Technician
Reports to: Bodyshop Manager
The Bert Ogden Auto Group is in search of energetic, motivated, and responsible individuals to join our team in the automotive detailing department. To be a successful automotive detailer, you must be detail oriented, committed, courteous, and provide excellent results for our organization.
Detailer Essential Duties:
Detailers are to perform detail inspections and record the condition of vehicles. The detail operation consists of but not limited to thoroughly washing, buffing, and waxing exteriors, vacuuming, steaming, shampooing, and deodorizing interiors. Individuals are to be familiar with the tools and cleaning agents being used to restore and maintain a vehicles appearance. Detailers are to operate buffers, steamers, shampooers, vacuums, and all other equipment to recondition the appearance. Personal safety must be priority when chemicals such as detergents, protective coatings, and restorative agents are used. Detailers are also responsible for moving or parking vehicles in their designated areas, delivery of vehicles to other locations, and take or pick up work colleagues or drivers if needed.
Exterior reconditioning duties
- chrome polishing bumpers, grills, wheels
- tire cleaning and dressing
- exterior touch-up paint repair
- Buffing and polishing
- Tar and bug removal
- car washing
- glass / windshield care
Interior reconditioning duties
- stain removal to all interior seats, trim, dashboards floormats, and carpets
- vacuum all interior areas
- shampoo all interior and trunk areas
- reconditioning of instrument panels, steering wheels and all interior trim and moldings
- trunk cleaning and shampooing
- hand waxing
- headlight restoration
- Maintain clean work area
- Remain compliant to all company standards and requests with safety always in mind
- Maintain good attitude, spirit of cooperation, respect and teamwork
- Keep company equipment properly serviced, clean, and in good working order and condition
- Perform other duties as assigned which may include duties outside this job description
- Ability to cross-training in related positions within the company
- Maintain a Valid state driver’s license with a good driving record
- Attention to detail with excellent communication
- Ability to meet the physical demands of the position, including walking, crouching, bending, and standing for extended periods of time
- Availability to work extended hours, weekends and holidays if required.
Why Join our Team?
Stable upwardly employment with a fast-growing company
Winning culture and excellent work environment and competitive pay
If you're a hard-working individual with a strong working and quality mentality, this is a great opportunity for you!
Bert Ogden Auto Group