QUALITY ASSURANCE INSPECTOR
- Job ID: 6956
- Functional Area: MANUFACTURING
- Position Type: Full-Time Regular
- Relocation Provided: No
- Shift: 2nd
- Location: AURORA, IL
- Education Required: Not Indicated
- Experience Required: Not Indicated
- Hours of Work: 3 pm to 11 pm
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
Monitors and conducts necessary testing and inspection on incoming, in- process and finished goods. Provides the leadership and expertise to achieve goals in quality, manufacturing and safety. Ensures all procedures in the quality and production processes are followed. Reports nonconformities to Quality Lead, Production Supervisor and Quality Manager. Ensures the highest level of quality and performance throughout the manufacturing process. Must be able to assist in covering others shifts.
- Follows all Company policies regarding safety, quality and attendance. Performs duties in a safe manner and report all observed safety hazards to appropriate personnel.
- Performs regular safety walk-throughs and planned housekeeping to the highest level as scheduled.
- Operates all equipment in the assigned area of responsibility, including lab and testing equipment.
- Performs inspection and testing on film throughout all stages of production.
- Monitors product quality and specifications by using inspection and testing procedures to identify defects and nonconformities.
- Diagnoses and suggests corrective actions for quality issues.
- Helps resolve quality issues using analysis techniques.
- Responsible for placing defective product on hold until further disposition.
- Provides technical advice and training to less experienced operators.
- Provides accurate documentation according to our QMS to assigned team members.
- Performs physical and analytical tests such as; Elmendorf tear, dart drops, tensile & elongation, gauge profile, opacity, etc. on samples from extrusion and converting lines and trials, and reports accurate data in a timely manner.
- Responsible for completion of documentation such as labels, production logbooks, and lab reports.
- Knowledge normally acquired through completion of a High school diploma or GED is preferred.
- In addition to the educational requirements one or more years of experience in a production environment. Some knowledge of blown film or plastics is a plus
- Ability to read, and interpret procedure manuals, specification sheets and other product documentation. Ability to write simple reports and instructions. Must be able to read, understand and write in English. Speaks clearly; Listens and gets clarification; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Basic mathematical skills to be able to understand simple mathematical concepts such as percentages and ratios; Ability to read a weight scale and tape measure and/or ruler to perform quality checks and transfer to documents.
- Basic computer literacy and keyboard function to be able to enter data into Quality databases, maintain spreadsheets as applicable and respond to e-mail circle for communication.
- Possess proficiency in sampling, inspection, lab testing practices and familiarity with product lines and specifications.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule, cover other shifts, and overtime as needed
- Able to lift 35lbs. unassisted.