Junior Data Engineer
Applied Research Associates, Inc. is looking for a successful candidate to work in cross-functional engineering and product development teams with data at all stages of the analysis lifecycle to derive actionable insights. They will utilize data to provide innovative technologies that enable the integration of tools and data, improve data ingestion, increase data scaling, and enhance data exploitation to ensure more interoperable and secure data. They will assist in identifying and developing new and innovative data models (conceptual, logical, physical) and data relationships. The candidate should be able to operationalize supervised Machine Learning (ML) algorithms, and support development of Artificial Intelligence (AI)/ML to enhance automated data analysis methods.
Junior Data Engineer Required Qualifications:
• US citizen with an active TS/SCI security clearance
• Bachelors degree
• Proficiency with major data science tools and languages such as Graph DB tools, PostgreSQL/SQL, Python, and/or Git
• 2 years’ experience obtaining data from multiple, disparate data sources including structured, semi-structured and unstructured data
• Experience using AWS cloud technologies and open source libraries (Python, etc.)
• Experience developing, verifying, and monitoring AI/ML Models
Junior Data Engineer Desired Qualifications:
• Demonstrated experience with cleaning, managing, optimizing performance with, and processing large volumes of data
• Familiarity with industry best practices for software/hardware optimization when processing large data sets and offers experience in the following required task areas: experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, time-series forecasting, and/or geospatial analytics; experience with Hadoop, Spark, or other parallel storage/computing processes is a plus
• Experience with developing data processing workflows using the Joint Enterprise Modeling and Analytics (JEMA) framework or Apache NiFi.
• Knowledge of Cloud services used by the Intel Community
Who is ARA?
Do you want to work for a purpose? Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company. We have been providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences since 1979. ARA has over 2,042 employee owners and continues to grow rapidly. Together, our offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides itself, on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. Employee ownership ensures you have a voice with what happens in the company. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN), whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about what the Intelligence, Surveillance & Reconnaissance Division has to offer, visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/benefits/
Berriehill ResearchHerndon, VA
EngineeringView All Berriehill Research Jobs
Get fresh Junior Data Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.