We are seeking a Plant/ Machinery Maintenance Technician to become a part of our team! You will perform the necessary work to keep machines, mechanical equipment, and structure of an establishment in repair. Create high-end monumental woodworking projects while being paid an excellent wage with 100% employer paid benefits
This position is located in Northbrook, IL
- Performs a variety of maintenance duties, repair, installation, and preventative maintenance projects to assure the operating viability of the facility's building systems and equipment.
- Troubleshoots, diagnoses, calls the appropriate repair services and corrects problems with the facility's building systems and equipment in one or more of the following areas: electrical, plumbing, pneumatic, hydraulic, HVAC or mechanical.
- Installs, tests, maintains and repairs woodworking machinery, equipment, systems and small electrical tools as scheduled or needed.
- Complete maintenance and repair work orders, in a timely fashion
- Order and replace broken parts or equipment.
- Ability to coordinate bids and contracted work with outside vendors for repairs, upgrades and new installations.
- Maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Documents and maintains records of inspections and work performed to maintain policies and warranty/vendor requirements.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- Previous experience in maintenance or other related fields in one of the following trades: Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC or Mechanical. Or equivalent experience in a manufacturing facility.
- Computer skills in a Microsoft environment Outlook, Word, Excel.
- Communicates effectively with supervisor, peers, and outside vendors.
- Familiarity with hand-held tools and equipment
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to handle physical workload
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment and take timely appropriate action.
EDUCATION: High school diploma or equivalent.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Should be able to lift at least 50 lbs., bending to lift supply boxes; carrying and moving heavy items; climbing ladders; going up and down stairs; pushing and pulling heavy carts. Be able to repair equipment, inside and outside, in all weather conditions.
Work includes Retail stores (such as Saks, Macy's, Neiman Marcus and boutiques on Rodeo Drive, Michigan Ave, 5th Ave, Bond street London, etc), High end residences, Yachts, Corporate Headquarters and law firms.
Located in Chicagoland approximately 15 minutes north of O'Hare Airport.