Software Integration Specialist
Berndt CPA LLC Madison, WI
- Expired: September 07, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Position: Software Integration Specialist
FLSA Status: Exempt
This position plays a key role in supporting the software systems and applications throughout the entire Firm. This position requires strong communication and project management skills. The Software Integration Specialist will develop training plans for staff and procedures to ensure compliance and systematic usage. Evaluate and recommend new software applications and implementation strategies to ensure smooth transition of software applications.
- Provide support to end users for desktop applications.
- Provide support to end users for remote applications.
- Coordinate the resolution of issues in the Firm’s network infrastructure and systems with the third party vendors.
- Create end-user documentation for common procedures and frequently requested desktop & remote work support issues.
- Provide training to Firm personnel on the use of desktop, remote, and network resources.
- Coordinate the installation and configuration of financial and business applications with third party providers and affected Firm departments.
- Assist in researching application specifications and requirements for new products and services.
- Stay current with IT trends by reading, attending classes, and networking with peers.
- Provides support of the IP phone system and mobile interface.
- Assists in the onboarding and terminating of employee access to the Firm’s network and other ancillary systems.
- Assist with the development and integration of new customer facing technology to advance the strategic direction of the Firm.
- Meet with department heads to learn about the software programs and applications that are used and assist with further optimization.
- Develop and train staff on Adobe functionalities and uses.
- File exchange training and protocols.
- Microsoft product training and support.
- Microsoft Office 365 suite training and support.
- Work to improve processes and procedures in the Firm’s ancillary software platforms and, where possible, integrate with the core system.
- Develop workflows in the Firm’s intranet for the employee review of policies, annual certifications, etc.
- Network file reorganization and management (file retention).
- Develop a technology roadmap for the Firm for both internal and external facing technologies.
- Work toward consistent reporting processes and procedures between departments.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in software applications.
- Preferred previous IT experience for a professional business.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a professional environment applying software applications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong knowledge of multiple software applications.
Internal & External Contacts:
- This position may work directly with outside clients from time to time.
- The collaboration working between departments will occur frequently. Open communication skills are required. Teamwork and problem solving skills are required.
- Must be able to sit for periods greater than 45 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to stand for periods greater than 30 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds.
- Must be able to use computer monitors for periods greater than 45 minutes at a time.
- Must be able to perform basic typing functions.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Berndt CPA LLC
TechnologyView all jobs at Berndt CPA LLC