Berman, Berman, Berman, Schneider & Lowary LLP, has an opening in their Roseville, CA office for a full-time Legal Assistant that can provide legal and administrative assistance to the attorneys by performing complex secretarial tasks. This position requires a professional, highly motivated and organized individual capable of functioning in a fast-paced environment. Candidate must have strong interpersonal and communication skills and be able to work as a team and under the direction of assigned attorneys. Experience with insurance defense is strongly desired.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
· 5+ years of experience as a Legal Secretary specializing in litigation, preferably "insurance defense."
· Knowledge of state and federal court filing procedures.
· Proficient in Word, Adobe Standard, Legal Solutions Plus and Microsoft Outlook.
· Ability to proofread, correctly format and question any inconsistencies in all materials.
· Ability to transcribe voicemails and other audio clips from time to time.
· Practical knowledge of scheduling court hearings, conference calls, depositions, meetings, and coordinating travel arrangements for attorneys.
· Ability to organize and prioritize workload in order to most efficiently accomplish firm and client goals.
· Ability to adapt to new situations and changing priorities.
· Typing skills of 65+ wpm.
· Prepare drafts and revise, format and finalize a wide variety of documents, including discovery, correspondence, memorandum, agreements, and legal pleadings.
· Search various court requirements and filing fees.
· Review incoming correspondence and pleadings for important dates/calendaring.
· Establish and maintain electronic files via indexing in compliance with current firm policies. We are a paperless firm.