Effectively processes inbound calls by verifying basic demographic information and initiate the request for medical transportation. Provides quality service by reviewing account status and taking appropriate action. Ensures customer satisfaction by answering calls and rapidly responding to inquiries or requests while maintaining service-oriented, friendly and empathetic demeanor.
- Responsible for taking inbound calls, verifying basic demographic information and data entry of the information to provide transportation.
- Keep control of the conversation.
- Take accurate information.
- Interface with all callers without regard to race religion, gender, national origin, age, or physical or mental health status.
- Intake Personnel have occasional conversations with representatives of Health Plans, medical providers, medical facilities, transportation vendors and the general public. Intake personnel shall extend the same courteous and helpful service to each entity.
- Generates courtesy calls and data records to ensure compliance with policy and procedures.
- Provides quality customer interaction with adherence to policy and procedures.
- Maintain high quality standards while generating calls and resolving issues.
- Ensures all conversation and data records are accurate and complete.
- Effectively handling calls and meeting performance standards within one week of completing the training program.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- High School or GED equivalent required. College education preferred, but not required.
- Strong understanding of customer care processes and techniques.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to learning styles to meet the client’s and Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. needs.
- Successful completion of Berlin-Wheeler, Inc. new hire orientation and training.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience, preferred.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and human relations abilities.
- Exceptional listening, technical and analytical skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally through both verbal and written skills.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across all levels of BW.
- Ability to multi-task and complete tasks within deadlines.
- Demonstrates ability to work well with employees and management.
- Thrive in a high paced growth company with constant change.
- Self-motivated; ability to function without continuous supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to proficiently use a computer and various software packages.
- Flexible; good time management; ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work effectively in a highly confidential environment.
- Ability to operate 10-key device.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Read computer screens and mail, email, talk on the phone.
- Ability to unpack and move supplies up to thirty (30) pounds.
- Professional and deadline-oriented environment in an office setting.
- Interaction with staff and customers.
Additional duties and responsibilities may be added to this job description at any time. The job description does not state or imply that these are the only activities to be performed by the employee(s) holding this position. Employees are required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related responsibilities as requested by their supervisor.
Why Work Here?
Great company with opportunities for growth.