Supply Planner - Napa Valley, CA
Berlin Packaging Fairfield, CA
- Expired: August 08, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
In order to continue our record growth streak,we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Supply Planner who will effectively manage the inventory planning process, with a focus on minimizing costs and optimizing inventory.
· Utilize company tools to analyze, recommend, and execute inventory optimization opportunities based on historical trends and customer forecasts.
· Confirm, follow up, and expedite orders to ensure on-time delivery.
· Maintain replenishment triggers to help region optimize purchasing activities.
· Maintain Pre-built and Build on Demand items determinations within Peoplesoft ERP system.
· Support management of inter-unit stock requests and transfer entries.
· Responsible for KPI metrics within the department (Inventory turns, item fill rate, etc)
· Support Production Scheduler and Buyers with 3PM/3PL inventory management and coordination.
· Manage outside production orders/shipping information with account coordinators and Transportation coordinator to allow to timely billing and information flow.
· Accuracy and maintenance of Safety Stock and Order Policy settings
Cost Reduction & Margin Enhancement
· Use independent judgment to identify, recommend, and execute opportunities to optimize inventories and drive cost savings without negatively impacting customer service metrics.
· Partner with Logistics Coordinators to determine most cost-effective inventory movement options.
· Fulfill employee portion of the Berlin Values by demonstrating a strong work ethic, teamwork, loyalty, innovation, productivity and driving profitable results.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
· 3+ years in a supply chain or related role.
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
· Familiarity with inbound transportation, logistics, and inventory, preferred.
· Demonstrates a strong work ethic, problem solving capability, and ability to learn Berlin Packaging’s business, products, customers, and suppliers.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills with a passion for negotiation.
· Highly organized and detail oriented.
· Strong time management skills; ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow up.
· Operates with a sense of urgency.
· Is flexible and open to change and new ways of working.
· High energy, positive attitude, and contributes to a positive team culture.
· Self-motivated; consistently strives to attain goals and seeks self-improvement.
· Technologically savvy.
· Sales and Distribution Center Office
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
BusinessView all jobs at Berlin Packaging