Sourcing Specialist - Secaucus, NJ
Berlin Packaging Secaucus, NJ
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is Possible!" mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Sourcing Specialist who will be responsible for matching customer needs to supplier capabilities in a way which maximizes both Berlin margin and supplier thrill.
Project Management & Sourcing
- For custom and stock projects, effectively gather project requirements from Sales, assess which suppliers could best meet the business' needs, obtain pricing from qualified sources of supply, and recommend the optimal option.
- Support the development of supplier and category sourcing strategies.
- Focus on creating supplier relationships which offer a mutually beneficial partnership.
Cost Reduction & Margin Enhancement
- Proactively identify, recommend, and execute opportunities to drive cost savings and enhance margin.
- Evaluate supplier quotations and develop negotiation strategies focused on improving Berlin Packaging's competitive position in the marketplace.
- Negotiate pricing, terms, and other contractual issues with suppliers.
- Leverage volume to provide cost-effective solutions while optimizing inventory levels.
- Facilitate the escalation process in order to meet customer needs.
- Effectively manage supplier performance by developing and implementing appropriate long-term corrective actions.
- Actively develop and communicate supplier strategies to the branch.
Supplier Development & Revenue Growth
- Routinely meet with current suppliers to bring new and improved product solutions forward.
- Routinely meet with potential new suppliers to ensure awareness of marketplace opportunities as key aspect of category strategies.
- Support with developing new suppliers as improved performance and/or alternative solutions are identified or required.
- Partner with Sales to understand new product needs and establish the necessary relationships and programs to leverage those needs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 3+ years of experience in procurement and supply chain within a distribution and/or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- P.M. certified a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Rigid Packaging Products is preferred.
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to conduct results-based negotiations.
- Ability to proactively address issues and deploy effective problem-solving techniques that address root cause issues.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to consider all alternatives and options and quickly implement appropriates action.
- Provide leadership consistent with Berlin's culture and business plans.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships throughout Berlin and its supply base.
- com experience preferred.
- Sales and Distribution Center Office
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Berlin Packaging is seeking high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic company. In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a quarterly profit-based bonus, a health plan with dental coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, a college savings plan, and flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin PackagingWhy Work Here?
We've had 30 straight years of record growth, we have a $1B+ addressable market, and your income is uncapped!
Chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! We are the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components, a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30 consecutive years of record growth! We are focused on being the preferred packaging distributor of choice by leveraging our unmatched product offering partnered with a memorable shopping experience. Berlin Packaging is seeking high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic company. In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a quarterly profit-based bonus, a health plan with dental coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, a college savings plan, and flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care. www.berlinpackaging.com/careers
BusinessView all jobs at Berlin Packaging