Senior Supply Planner - Pittsburgh, PA
Berlin Packaging Clinton, PA
- Posted: over a month ago
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental, life insurance
Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is Possible!" mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Senior Supply Planner who will effectively manage the inventory planning process, with a focus on minimizing costs and optimizing inventory with responsibility to improve processes and mentor others.
Purchase Order & Inventory Management
- Effectively manage the purchase order replenishment process with a focus on matching inventory levels (supply) with the needs of our customers (demand).
- Monitor inventory levels and implement strategies that maximize cash flow and customer thrill.
- Use innovation and implement new processes and procedures that are focused on improving efficiencies across the organization.
Supplier Development & Performance Improvement
- Routinely meet with current suppliers to bring new and improved product solutions forward.
- Effectively manage supplier performance and drive continuous improvement.
- Focus on developing new suppliers as improved performance and/or alternative solutions are required.
- Routinely meet with suppliers and drive process solutions which will improve performance throughout the supply chain.
Cost Reduction & Margin Enhancement
- Use independent judgment to identify, recommend, and execute opportunities to optimize inventories and drive cost savings without negatively impacting customer service metrics.
- Manage transportation costs and focus on reducing total cost of ownership.
Mentor & Develop Others
- Mentor employees with a focus on enhancing their overall skills and developing their knowledge.
- Support a continuous improvement mode of operation.
- Fulfill employee portion of the Berlin Values by demonstrating a strong work ethic, teamwork, loyalty, innovation, productivity and driving profitable results.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 3+ years of Procurement, Planning, and Supply Chain experience in a distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field preferred.
- CPSM certification preferred but not required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to conduct results-based negotiations.
- Ability to develop and lead a team of individuals.
- Excellent time management skills required along with the ability to manage multiple tasks with a focus on output and results.
- Provide leadership consistent with Berlin's culture and business plans.
- Ability to proactively address issues and deploy effective problem-solving techniques that address root cause issues.
- Strong decision-maker with the ability to consider all alternatives and options and quickly implement appropriates action.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance, employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
Berlin Packaging is seeking high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic company. In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a quarterly profit-based bonus, a health plan with dental coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, a college savings plan, and flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin PackagingWhy Work Here?
We've had 30 straight years of record growth, we have a $1B+ addressable market, and your income is uncapped!
Chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! We are the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components, a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30 consecutive years of record growth! We are focused on being the preferred packaging distributor of choice by leveraging our unmatched product offering partnered with a memorable shopping experience. Berlin Packaging is seeking high-performing entrepreneurs who thrive on working at a fast-paced, results-oriented and dynamic company. In return, we are prepared to offer an outstanding compensation and benefits package including a 401(k) plan with company match, a quarterly profit-based bonus, a health plan with dental coverage, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, a college savings plan, and flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care. www.berlinpackaging.com/careers
ManufacturingView all jobs at Berlin Packaging