Senior Network Engineer
Berlin Packaging Chicago, IL
- Expired: April 17, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is Possible!" mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Senior Network Engineer who will be responsible for providing day-to-day support for the global network infrastructure and datacenters of Berlin Packaging and its subsidiaries. Daily activities include project coordination, network operations, system and network provisioning, technical documentation, second and third level incident support. Ownership and responsibility of several key systems and applications. Provide technical leadership and researching and recommending new applications and processes to improve the productivity and profitability of the organization.
The Senior Network Engineer is a highly motivated, results-oriented professional who will be focused on the design, engineering, and support of a mix of Cisco and Palo Alto based networking. The Senior Network Engineer will be focused on improving the stability and performance of the network, maintaining, and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of network health, and troubleshooting issues and outages that arise.
- Design and deploy functional networks according to industry best practices (LAN, SDWAN, WAN).
- Manage enterprise wireless infrastructure.
- Design and deploy functional security perimeters.
- Maintain complete technical documentation.
- Maintain a large global software defined network comprising of over 50 locations with multiple datacenters.
- Have worked with and adhered to Change Control Management policies and implementation standards.
- Patch management of IOS based Cisco devices.
- Ability to be flexible and take on new skills and responsibilities as this role evolves with the changing technologies and methods common within the field.
- Respond to escalated support tickets and provide timely support to other IT groups.
- Work on IT projects and be able to see project from planning stages to completion.
- Work with new hardware and software technologies and be able to understand and learn said technologies to become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) as needed or delegated by manager.
- Fulfill employee portion of the "Berlin Values".
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Industry related certification(s) required - Cisco CCNP or CCDP Professional level Certification or higher
- Bachelor's degree in a STEM field or the equivalent experience and certifications
- Minimum of 5 years of IT related job experience
- Strong IT consulting background preferred
- Strong experience with disaster recovery design planning and implementation
- Strong experience with high availability network design and implementation
- Strong experience with Azure networking principles and deployment
- Strong experience with routing and routing protocols such as BGP, OSPF, etc.
- Expert knowledge with Cisco IOS Campus area networks - Catalyst Series
- Expert knowledge with Cisco ASA firewall's or Palo Alto Firewalls
- Strong experience with Cisco Datacenter networking Nexus and Cisco UCS
- Strong experience with Software Defined Networking, CloudGenix, Palo Alto
- Strong experience with wireless network design and deployment. Cisco Wireless and or HP Aruba
- Experience managing a network monitoring system. SNMP, SolarWinds, etc.
- Experience with telecommunication industry and managing supporting circuit installations and turnups
- Expert knowledge of networking concepts and firewalls
- Experience with Network and System Security and adhering to SOX and PCI Compliance
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Multilingual a plus - Spanish, Italian, French or Dutch
- Cross functional experience with Systems Engineering highly desired.
- VMware experience a plus
- Cisco UCS Fabric Experience a plus
- Windows server experience a plus
- Experience with Active Directory, SCCM, DHCP, DNS, Radius a plus
- Experience with Storage area Networks Cisco MDS a plus
- Corporate Headquarters
- 10% - 15% travel and possess valid US passport
- Must have Valid Driver's License
- Occasional international travel to Europe
- Occasional lifting up to 50 pounds may be required
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
Berlin Packaging provides equal employment opportunities for all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
TechnologyView all jobs at Berlin Packaging