Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don't know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an "Anything is Possible!" mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin's profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Packaging Consultant who will be responsible for maximizing sales and profitability through prospecting, business retention, and account development.
- Prospecting: Identify, secure, and develop new business.
- Business Retention: Maintain existing business including utilization of Berlin's sales tools and resources. Establish effective working relationships and become a sustaining resource for the customer.
- Account Development (Share of Wallet): Develop existing customer base through increasing sales of existing and new product offerings.
- Supplier Relationships/Product Knowledge: Establish effective supplier relationships and product knowledge.
- Value Added Resources: Utilize and maintain a thorough knowledge of Berlin Packaging's sales resources and service divisions.
- Support Branch metrics.
- Fulfill employee portion of the "Berlin Values".
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related discipline.
- Consultative sales and prospecting skills with quantifiable support.
- B2B sales experience involving complex, relationship based transactions.
- Interpersonal effectiveness. Strong presentation , written, verbal and perceptual skills
- An exceptional level of motivation, desire, competitiveness, customer-driven focus, time management, and project management skills.
- Ability to travel
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.