Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a District Manager who will be responsible for managing, developing, and directing the sales force to achieve district sales and profit goals.
- Manage and develop district personnel (sales force development).
- Manage sales and profitability through developing existing accounts (self and sales team).
- Maximize sales through prospecting, securing and developing new accounts (self and sales team).
- Oversee operational aspects of the district.
- Maintain customer and supplier relationships.
- Asset management.
- Fulfill employer and employee portions of the “Berlin Values”.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 10 years of successful and progressive industrial sales experience or similar experience in a business to business environment involving complex, relationship-based transactions.
- Minimum 5 years of sales management experience with a quantifiable record of success, sales force development, goal orientation, and achievement. Sales force development includes training and developing new sales reps in consultative sales and assuring existing sales reps to annually grow and maximize sales.
- Strong business acumen, leadership skills, negotiation skills, conceptual and analytical skills
- Interpersonal effectiveness
- Business-to-business sales experience, preferably involving complex sales transactions
- Simultaneously manage multiple tasks
- Ability to travel
- Office, automobile, warehouse and production facilities. Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
If you’re still not sold, take a look at this video by our CEO and Chairman, Andrew Berlin, talking about the growth and “WHY” of Berlin, as well as the amazing culture we strive to preserve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxYkRBApQvI.
Fun fact… Andrew recently became a minority owner of the Chicago Cubs… who went from lovable losers to one of the best performing teams in the MLB. Is that a coincidence? Well, we know what we Berliners think!