Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Sourcing Specialist who will work with our Supplier Partners to find reliable solutions that will give Berlin a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
Project Management & Sourcing
- Work with Sales and the project team to understand upcoming projects and identify potential sources of supply
- Obtain pricing from qualified sources of Supply and organize information to present to Sales team
- Focus on creating supplier relationships that offer a mutually beneficial partnership.
Cost Reduction / Margin Enhancement
- Active in cost reduction initiatives within the branch. Analyze spend and identify margin enhancement opportunities.
- Evaluate supplier quotations and develop negotiation strategies focused on improving our competitive position in the market place.
- Negotiate pricing, terms and other contractual issues with suppliers
- Leverage volume to provide cost-effective solutions while maintaining acceptable inventory levels
- Facilitate the escalation process in order to meet customer needs
- Effectively manage supplier performance by developing and implementing appropriate long-term corrective actions
- Actively develop and communicate Supplier strategies to the branch
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- 3 to 7 years of experience in procurement and supply chain within a distribution and or manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- C.P.M. certified a plus, but not required.
- Knowledge of Rigid Packaging Products is preferred.
- Excellent communication and strong negotiation skills.
- Communication: Strong verbal and written communication skills along with the ability to conduct results based negotiations.
- Problem Solving: Ability to proactively address issues and deploy effective problem-solving techniques that address root cause issues.
- Decision-Making: Strong decision-maker with the ability to consider all alternatives and options and quickly implement appropriates action.
- Leadership: Provide leadership consistent with Berlin’s culture and business plans.
- Interpersonal Skills: Ability to develop strong working relationships throughout Berlin and its supply base.
- Office environment.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.