Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Software Engineer who will be responsible for developing and documenting new solutions for Berlin Packaging applications including web pages, platform interfaces, databases, and web service integrations with 3rd parties.
The Software Engineer position at Berlin Packaging is integral to all aspects of development lifecycle, including business requirements gathering/analysis, providing technical support for various systems and platforms, building enhancements to our platforms, and implementation of delivered functionality.
- Define and document business requirements from stakeholders and translate to technical requirements.
- Build on and create new best practices in coding and UX design standards.
- Serves as a key resource in system testing and debugging, ensuring all system changes are adequately unit tested prior to turning them over to the user community.
- Be the subject matter expert for all web platform applications and participate in cross-functional teams in an agile way.
- Drive consistent delivery of product to our end users.
- Fulfill employee portion of the “Berlin Values”.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize projects.
- Ability to perform several tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines
- Above average attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Can-do mindset
- Extensive experience integrating with 3rd Party XML-based SOAP and Restful API’s.
- E-commerce platform experience such as BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Shopify, etc
- Experience working with Saleforce and Pardot.
- Working knowledge of mobile application development including Swift, Objective-C, and/or Java.
- Experience in an PeopleSoft ERP environment a plus
- History of consistent software delivery with a focus on quality and consistency
- Corporate Headquarters with limited travel – Less than 10%
- FLSA Status: Exempt (Salary)
- Bonus Eligible: Corporate Improshare
- Bonus Eligible: WINGS
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
If you’re still not sold, take a look at this video by our CEO and Chairman, Andrew Berlin, talking about the growth and “WHY” of Berlin, as well as the amazing culture we strive to preserve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxYkRBApQvI.
Fun fact… Andrew recently became a minority owner of the Chicago Cubs… who went from lovable losers to one of the best performing teams in the MLB. Is that a coincidence? Well, we know what we Berliners think!