Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking an ambitious and energetic Office manager who will organize and coordinate office administration and procedures in order to ensure organizational effectiveness, efficiency and safety. The Office Manager is responsible for developing intra-office communication protocols, streamlining administrative procedures, and inventory control.
- Serve as point person for maintenance, mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment, bills and errands
- Provide general support to visitors
- Plan and execute company events
- Monitor and maintain office supplies inventory
- Review and approve office supply acquisitions
- Handle customer inquiries and complaints
- Organize and schedule meetings and appointments, including conference room cleanup
- Manage relationships with vendors, service providers and landlord, ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors, service providers and office lease
- Ensure that office operations and procedures are organized, correspondences are controlled, filing/storage systems are designed, supply requisitions are reviewed and approved
- Partner with HR to establish a historical reference for the office by outlining procedures for protection, retention, record disposal, retrieval and staff transfers
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts and office systems
- Develop and implement office policies by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office
- Ensure that results are measured against standards, while making necessary changes along the way
- Perform review and analysis of special projects and keep management properly informed
- Maintain a safe and secure working environment
- Fulfill employee portion of the “Berlin Values”.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- 5+ years' proven office management, administrative or assistant experience
- 5+ years’ experience managing office logistics (mailing, shipping, supplies, equipment)
- Knowledge of office management responsibilities, systems and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting, data and administrative management practices and procedures
- Knowledge of business and management principles
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Proficient in MS Office
- Energetic, wears multiple hats, able to work independently with little or no supervision
- Corporate Headquarters - Office
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, paid parental leave, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
If you’re still not sold, take a look at this video by our CEO and Chairman, Andrew Berlin, talking about the growth and “WHY” of Berlin, as well as the amazing culture we strive to preserve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxYkRBApQvI.
Fun fact… Andrew recently became a minority owner of the Chicago Cubs… who went from lovable losers to one of the best performing teams in the MLB. Is that a coincidence? Well, we know what we Berliners think!