Berlin Packaging is the nation's premier supplier of rigid packaging and packaging components. We are a $2.6 billion-dollar company with 30+ straight years of record growth.
Don’t know what makes the rigid packaging industry special? Well, chances are you enjoy products supplied by Berlin Packaging every day! Imagine yourself walking into your favorite big-box store. Take a mental look around and think about every glass, plastic, or metal package you see. Berlin Packaging touches virtually every market: automotive, beverage, food, home care, industrial chemical, pet care and veterinary, personal health and beauty, wine and spirits, and now, cannabis too.
Next, combine that with an award-winning culture. Our 1,000+ employees are high-performing - and importantly, collaborative - entrepreneurs who blow through obstacles and embody an “Anything is Possible!” mindset. We love it here. Our engagement scores are 3x the national average. And every single employee shares in Berlin’s profitable growth.
Now you understand why since 1898, our 100+ year-old company has grown 10x faster than our industry!
And we're not done yet.
In order to continue our record growth streak, we need people like YOU to join our team! Are you up for the opportunity of a lifetime? If so, we are seeking a Quality Manager who will be responsible for increasing sales revenue for Berlin by selling the Quality Service Division value added services in exchange for new or incremental packaging business, and ensuring that all aspects of the Quality Program function efficiently and that customer and other departments receive information and responses in a timely manner.
- Provide direct support to Berlin sales team to expand sales opportunities and close business by leveraging the services available under the Berlin Quality Service Division.
- Develop and provide quality consulting services to customers.
- Use quality services and strategy to help prospect for new business.
- Interact directly with Customers and Suppliers in order to resolve critical and complex claims and other Quality issues.
- Train internal Berlin employees on quality processes and principals.
- Provide technical support for Customer Quality Management and Regulatory requests in the form of training sessions or customer interactions.
- Maintain the integrity of the CAR process by evaluating Root Causes and monitoring the implementation of all Corrective Actions.
- Communicate Berlin’s Quality expectations to our Suppliers and perform Manufacturing site visits to evaluate their processes, capabilities and Quality systems.
- Perform functional testing, dimensional analysis and defective product evaluations for determination of Root Cause and assignment of Corrective Action.
- Support the Organization’s ISO 9001 internal audit program
- Ensure the functional accuracy, appropriate training and timely implementation of all QMS documents for which you are the Process Owner.
- Fulfill employer and employee portions of the “Berlin Values”.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering, Quality Management, or other technical discipline with relevance to the Key Accountabilities.
- Credible knowledge of packaging manufacturing techniques and materials
- Five years of demonstrated success in Quality Management (ISO systems, SOP writing, document control), product qualification and claims resolution in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience with Corrective Actions and Root Cause Analysis.
- Ability to effectively interact with a variety of Customers and convey a sense of empathy (a positive, service oriented attitude).
- Ability to evaluate specifications / dimensional data and interpret technical drawings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and solid business acumen.
- Experience teaching and training on quality processes, systems and procedures.
- Strong computer skills in current Windows / Microsoft environment.
- Ability to travel as needed.
Work is performed in both office and warehouse environments and some lifting (up to 30 lbs.) is expected.
Berlin offers an outstanding compensation and benefits package including profit sharing, 401(k) with company match, medical insurance (including an HSA option and telemedicine), dental, vision, life insurance, short- and long-term disability, health club reimbursement, tuition reimbursement, 529 college savings plan, employee assistance, smoking cessation program, pet insurance (new!), employee discounts, employee referral bonus program, and, last but not least, flexible spending accounts for transportation, medical, and dependent care.
If you’re still not sold, take a look at this video by our CEO and Chairman, Andrew Berlin, talking about the growth and “WHY” of Berlin, as well as the amazing culture we strive to preserve. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxYkRBApQvI.
Fun fact… Andrew recently became a minority owner of the Chicago Cubs… who went from lovable losers to one of the best performing teams in the MLB. Is that a coincidence? Well, we know what we Berliners think!