- Expired: May 13, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway's insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Product Owner in our Stevens Point, WI office. Beginning 2022, we will have a hybrid work structure of four days in the office and one day at home - in person collaboration is highly valued and sought after by the team. The Product Owner will be accountable for understanding the business requirements, system processing implications and data needs for our Travel Insurance line. The role will partner with both Business leaders and IT resources to translate business needs into system requirements. We are looking for someone who loves change, asks great questions, and can bring new and innovative ideas to the table.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Solicit requirements using interviews, documentation analysis, observation, and workshops
- Analyze and document business needs into clear and concise requirements/user stories for consumption by developers, testers, project managers, and relevant stakeholders
- Create documentation such as workflow and data flow diagrams, design/report mock-ups, data mappings and other artifact/visuals as needed
- Organize information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and facilitate a shared understanding of requirements and future state vision
- Participate in project prioritization, backlog grooming, refinements, stand-ups, retros
- Coordinate efforts to gather requirements for multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Become an expert in the business processes and detailed operation of the software applications used in the domain for your product team
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience in a Product Owner supporting software development
- Prefer experience working in agile methodology
- Prefer some familiarity with data models, data flows and documenting reporting requirements
- Quick learner with ability to adapt to changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts and vendor resources
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, with keen attention to detail
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions
* A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
* A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders
* A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
AddressStevens Point, WI
BusinessView all jobs at Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance