- Over a month ago
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty, and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty, and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has multiple exciting opportunities for Product Managers in our Boston, MA office. In this role, you will work on small and large-scale initiatives and partner with business stakeholders and technical teams. This role will be accountable for driving the product vision and roadmap, eliciting and curating requirements while managing the associated projects. The products in scope range across functions including HR, Finance, Billing, Multinational, Risk control, and other areas within our insurance lines of business.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Work closely with stakeholders and facilitate discussions or workshops toward understanding stakeholder needs, eliciting requirements, and getting agreement on priorities.
- Work from the features and needs defined by the business and informed by the product vision, and document user stories that describe the scope of the project.
- Document and update detailed business/functional/non-functional requirements, including supporting business process workflows, mock-ups, data mappings, and other relevant documentation.
- Provide direction and collaborate with the business on prioritization while grooming the backlog.
- Manage product vision and product roadmap while driving the associated projects.
- Be the voice of the customer and ensure all participants have a coherent understanding of the intended usage of the product. This includes business & IT stakeholders, developers, testers, data engineers, etc.
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- 3+ years’ experience performing product owner/ business analyst and project manager tasks.
- Working knowledge of Agile work management tools. Ex: Jira/Confluence, Azure Dev Ops, etc.
- Experience with a diagramming tool and various diagrams. Ex: flowcharts, swimlane diagrams, concept models, use case diagrams, user story mapping.
- Familiarity with data models, data flows, and documenting reporting requirements is a plus.
- Quick learner with the ability to adapt to changing environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, subject matter experts, and vendor resources.
- Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills, with keen attention to detail.
- The ability to influence stakeholders and work closely with them to determine acceptable solutions.
- A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates.
- A dynamic, action-oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates, and our other stakeholders.
- A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework.
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Members may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
BusinessView all jobs at Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?