Infrastructure Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Who are we?
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Infrastructure Systems Engineer based out of our Stevens Point or Boston office location. This position will require strong technical problem solving, organizational and analytical skills. The ability to work, make decisions, and manage projects both independently, and as part of a team, is crucial. The Infrastructure Systems Engineer role supports a growing a global organization and will require periodic night and weekend work.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Design, configure, deploy and troubleshoot server, cloud platform services and software.
- Troubleshoot and resolve Software/Hardware/Networking issues.
- Administration of Hyper-V and Azure infrastructure.
- Creates and maintains documentation for the Infrastructure team and our end users.
- Takes full ownership for identifying what strategic technology decisions need to be made and then leading these decisions to conclusion
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision, have excellent customer service skills, and can meet required deadlines.
- Work as a member of a team on projects with a focus on team building, while helping the team successfully accomplish project goals within a deadline.
- Provide Tier 3 escalation support for application, hardware, and network support for all users, across our global office footprint - carry a cell phone and be expected to respond to off-hour pag
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Considered to have expert level skills in several of these technologies: Microsoft Hyper-V hosts and clusters, Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Azure platform services, Windows Active Directory, Microsoft Office 365 services, Windows IIS, RHEL, Ubuntu.
- Significant experience and knowledge of networking techniques to maximize flow of information: IP, DHCP, DNS, WAN, LAN, VPN, Active Directory, Network Policies.
- Actively drives decisions that involve multiple technologies knowing who and how to pull in others for consensus.
- Initiates and leads highly complicated work setting the direction for what they and others do to accomplish a project.
- Ability to work as part of a global team, can coach others, provide direction to team members, and assist with escalations.
- Strong oral and written communication. Ability to convert ideas into practical applications.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
• A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
AddressStevens Point, WI
TechnologyView all jobs at Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?