Business Intelligence Engineer
A strategic and trusted insurance partner, Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI), provides a broad range of commercial property, casualty and specialty insurance coverages and outstanding service to customers and brokers around the world. Part of Berkshire Hathaway’s insurance operations, we bring our solutions to market with our stellar brand name, top-rated balance sheet, and the expertise of our global team of professionals, who exude excellent capabilities and strong character.
We are a values-based organization where respect, integrity, excellence, collaboration, and passion define who we are and how we do business. We value diversity of backgrounds, experience, and perspectives and strive to foster an inclusive environment that enables all our team members to bring their best selves to work. We are one team committed to building a culture where every teammate has the opportunity to contribute and be recognized. Want to be part of the team building the finest property, casualty and specialty lines insurance company in the world?
Learn more about our unique culture and history.
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance (BHSI) has an exciting opportunity for a Business Intelligence Engineer is responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, monitoring and extending the data warehouse and analytics architecture to meet BHSI’s reporting needs. The design and development focus includes but is not limited to: dimensional data model design, Extraction Transformation Layer (ETL) frameworks and processing, metadata management, operational data integration, master data definition and data quality, data auditing and profiling, hands on Azure experience and business intelligence reporting solutions.
The new team member will partner with data architects and various business partners to map the technical vision for applications in the Enterprise Data Warehouse employing SSIS, SSRS, Azure and SQL server. Additionally, they will be responsible for reviewing, analyzing, modifying, and creating ETLs, utilizing SSIS, CD/CI pipelines, DevOps, testing, debugging, integration and implementation processes. Responsibilities also include documenting technical needs for ETL processes and databases, and ensuring optimal technical infrastructure is utilized.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with multiple business teams to review and prioritize deliverables.
- Translate and communicate technical requirements into well designed solutions that meet the business and technical goals defined by business stakeholders.
- Design, develop and optimize enterprise level reporting, OLAP and other business intelligence solutions, and cross train others in the use of the tools.
- Debug and troubleshoot data quality problems using SQL tools.
- Develop test plans and test scripts to ensure alignment with business objectives and overall BHSI testing strategy.
- Coordinate upgrades and rollouts of moderate scope including specific duties related to training and monitoring performance.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activities and assist in problem resolution to ensure that BHSI meets internal and external customer requirements.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- 2-4 years of experience in data and business intelligence.
- General insurance knowledge with 1-2 years of P&C insurance experience preferred.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience using SQL Server 2016 or higher preferred with the ability to create database objects and write complex queries.
- Experience creating insightful BI solutions with SSRS, Power BI, or other visualization tools.
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing, ETL, and data integration. Experience with SSIS a plus.
- Experience in handling technology projects/programs in Insurance Domain.
- Experience with P&C Solutions such as Duck Creek, Guidewire or similar preferred
- Experience collaborating with on shore/offshore teams.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and conceptual skills with ability to work across business areas.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express business concepts in technical terms, and complex technical solutions in business terms.
- Passionate and professional demeanor that supports a collaborative and team-oriented environment.
- Ability to articulate basic project methodology concepts using either SDLC or Agile.
- Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience required.
• A competitive package and exciting growth opportunities for career-oriented teammates
• A dynamic, action oriented, and thoughtful environment centered on always doing the right thing for our customers, teammates and our other stakeholders
• A purposely non-bureaucratic organization that embraces simplicity over complexity and emphasizes individual excellence in a team framework
NOTE: Compensation will be commensurate with experience. This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Team Member may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization
Berkshire Hathaway Specialty InsuranceStevens Point, WI
TechnologyView All Berkshire Hathaway Specialty Insurance Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.