Berkshire Hathaway Automotive Phoenix, AZ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Network Administrator - Phoenix, AZ
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
Under the general direction of Network Engineer the Network Administrator is responsible for providing day-to-day administrative and support for the organization’s network infrastructure, hosting approximately 87 US based locations. The Network Administrator is responsible for supporting the daily operations of LAN/WAN/WLAN/SD-WAN and VPN communications, including data/voice traffic, data security, and problem resolution. This position will work closely with other team members to collectively design, monitor, enhance and support the overall network infrastructure of the organization.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
The Essential Job Functions are:
- Assist in management of Local Area Networks, Wide Area Networks, VPN, Firewalls, Wireless, Switches, Routers, Configuration Backups and other network-related systems
- Ensure routers, switches, and firewalls are operating as expected and are maintained.
- Work closely with other IT team members in executing tasks related to network components.
- Maintain excellent documentation, working diagrams and inventory lists
- Provide first level networking support of routing equipment, VOIP systems and traditional telecommunications systems
- Manage and update network configuration settings for internal and external systems, including DNS, DHCP, VPN, and VLANs.
- Provide support for technical production (infrastructure) issues and follow through to satisfactory resolution
- Coordinate install, repair or maintenance of network and telecom hardware equipment
- Assist with new system implementations and modifications to existing systems (moves, adds, changes)
- Ensure compliance with IT Security and Governance processes, such as Change control and PCI
- Work with IT Management to identify and implement technical and service improvements.
- Ensures networks, and associated software applications are operational; ensures hardware and software is patched and/or updated; ensures all analog and broadband circuits are operational in accordance with store needs.
- Ensures the availability, continuity and security of data and information pertaining to the organization
- Develops and maintains an excellent working relationship throughout the organization, ensuring the department is well perceived and presented professionally.
- Reports to work regularly and on time, late hours and weekend schedules will be necessary at times
- Timely completion of all compliance training and testing
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Certifications
- Requires minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in a similar role.
- Basic understanding of network protocols and ports (TCP/IP, SSH, FTP, ICA, HTTPS, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Knowledge of applicable security and privacy practices and laws
- Cisco, Meraki, Palo Alto, Cisco Call Manager or Call Manager Express is beneficial
Adhere to the company’s Code of Conduct, to conduct business with honesty, integrity, and in an appropriate manner for services provided, while ensuring that its business arrangements comply with relevant state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Strive to always improve the customer service experience, create engaged customers and facilitate sharing of knowledge.
- Take personal ownership of customer issues, and follow problems through to resolution, ensuring complete and thorough solutions for both internal external customers.
- At all times, demonstrate commitment to providing exceptional cost effective solutions.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times through professional personal interactions, verbal exchanges, or in writing.
- Project a professional appearance and attitude at all times, to ensure a positive reflection on the IT team.
- Exemplify a “can do” attitude and commitment to excellence.
· PERFORMANCE MEASUREMENTS/EXPECTATIONS
- Adhere to the company’s Code of Conduct, to conduct business with honesty, integrity, and in an appropriate manner for services provided, while ensuring that its business arrangements comply with relevant state and federal statutes and regulations.
- Create an environment of trust and healthy working relationships.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and lead by example.
- Requires reasoning ability and good independent judgment
- May require working under stressful conditions and irregular hours
- May require working with frequent interruptions
- Work may involve prolonged periods of sitting, standing, lifting, bending, reaching and the ability to push or pull items weighing 30 pounds or less
- Required to operate computer keyboard, mouse, and monitor
- Occasional travel will be required
Berkshire Hathaway AutomotiveWhy Work Here?
Great opportunity for motivated individuals looking for a very stable company with many growth opportunities.
7600 N 16th. Suite 159. PhoenixPhoenix, AZ
TechnologyView all jobs at Berkshire Hathaway Automotive