Dealership Controller - Southeast Midwest Region
Berkshire Hathaway Automotive Irving, TX
- Posted: over a month ago
Controller opportunities are in a variety of dynamic and profitable dealerships including import, luxury and domestic brands across our Southeast Midwst Region. These stores offer aggressive compensation packages based on experience. Also, there are highly competitive benefits with an outstanding 401(k) that includes an employer match.
Southeast Midwest Region stores are located in: Georgia, Florida, Nebraska, Indiana, and Illinois.
This position is accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company's reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles and standards.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Oversight of the accounting office personnel along with all aspects of the general ledger and financial statements
- Partner with the General Manager to manage the financial results of the dealership
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Responsible for adherence to dealership policies and internal control structure
- Proactively manage and safeguard company assets
- Actively manage expense structure and vendors
- Prepare the daily, weekly, and monthly reports required by the management team
- Work with the management staff of the dealership to review the data and prepare reports/analysis as necessary
The controller candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent Dealership Controller experience (3+ years preferred).
- Must have strong ADP DMS experience
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented and enthusiastic presence in a team environment with the ability to lead and influence others
- Ability to be analytical, problem solve and multi-task
- Experience building strong teams
- Consistent and stable work history
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Professional appearance and work ethic
*All potential employees must pass pre-employment testing including a background check and drug screen
- Fast paced work environment
- Paid training and development
- Career growth opportunities
- Medical and dental coverage available after 2 month period
- Paid vacation