HR Consultant Affirmative Action
Berkshire Associates Inc. Columbia, MD
- Posted: over a month ago
- $70,000 to $90,000 Yearly
Berkshire Associates is a human resource consulting and technology firm that specializes in helping companies build their ideal, balanced workforce. In 1983, Berkshire began as one of the first companies to establish an automated way to prepare affirmative action plans (AAPs), revolutionizing the AAP process for HR professionals nationwide. Over the years, Berkshire has expanded its scope of services with 5 major divisions: Sales/Marketing, AA/EEO Compliance, Diversity, and Inclusion, Product Development, and Compensation Services.
Today, these cutting-edge HR solutions have propelled us into a position among the most sought-after providers in the industry.
Berkshire Associates provides an excellent benefits package and offers a supportive work environment that includes a casual dress code every day and a high-performance culture. This position is remote eligible for highly qualified applicants who do not live within driving distance to Columbia, MD.
The Human Resources Consultant completes Affirmative Action Plans and related reports for employers of all sizes. Individuals in this position provide expert Affirmative Action consulting to clients including audit support consulting as needed. Incumbents are experts on Affirmative Action principles and regulations, facilitate Berkshire Affirmative Action training courses, write blogs, and conduct webinars and speaking engagements.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Completes multiple client contracts to create Affirmative Action Plans, EEO-1 reports, VETS-4212 reports, OFCCP conciliation reporting, adverse impact analyses, and balancePAY analyses for employers up to 50 plans, within defined profitability and quality measures and with a customer service focus.
- Provides expert consulting and advice on Affirmative Action concepts, plan and job group structures, compliance requirements, the AAP development process, and AAP results and implementation through day-to-day communications, plan review meetings, and virtual audit support.
- Managing client relationships, providing affirmative action and general human resources guidance, and unique customer-focused solutions that incorporate business needs, as well as identifying cross-sell opportunities and discussing products and services to meet those needs.
- Prepares audit Affirmative Action Plans with guidance from Managing Consultant and/or Audit Advisor.
- Performs peer level quality reviews of completed Affirmative Action Plans to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Facilitates balanceAAP software training and/or Fundamentals of Affirmative Action Planning training.
- Leads and/or serves as a project team member for large consulting projects with more than 50 plans
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required.
- Strong data analysis with Microsoft Excel knowledge required.
- Working knowledge of affirmative action principles and regulations required.
- Working knowledge of human resources concepts and federal and state employment laws required.
- Working knowledge of general office equipment required.
- Strong organization, project management, and time management skills are required.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
- Strong customer service skills are required.
- Must be detail and deadline-oriented.
- Facilitation and group presentation skills are required.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision required.
- Ability to communicate with tact and discretion required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, required.
- Ability to perform algebraic and statistical calculations required.
Working knowledge of balance or similar AAP software preferred.
3 to 5 years of human resources experience required
Bachelor's degree in human resources or closely related field is required
PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
Preferred QualificationsPHR or SPHR certification preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified. The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
Salary: $70,000 - $90,000 a year.
Flexible spending account
Paid time off
Credit and Identity Monitoring
Berkshire Associates Inc.
BusinessView all jobs at Berkshire Associates Inc.