Senior Construction Superintendent
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Why Berks Construction?
5 REASONS WHY TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Employees First: It’s simple, we believe our employees are the most important asset we have. Our “Employees & Families First” culture trickles down to creating satisfied customers. Our employees know they are taken care of so therefore each employee makes sure they take care of each customer.
Repeat Business: 70% of our business is “Repeat Business”. This means that Berks Construction creates relationships. We understand that by creating and maintaining relationships with our Customers and Employees helps solidify our consistent “Repeat Business” pipeline of work.
Always has Work: Berks Construction Group has a policy to keep people working. During Covid when other companies were laying off, Berks Construction Group doubled its workforce. Our history has been that when the economy gets slow, Berks Construction Group doubles down on marketing and estimating to maintain growth even in a slower economy.
Our Benefits: Our benefits are first class. Top rated health Insurance, dental, Vison, paid life insurance. From 8%/4% 401k matching to Employer paid disability, just in case you get hurt away from our job, you can still take care of your family. We provide you a Computer, phone allowance, credit card, hotel lodging, transportation, food per-diem etc.
We Pay More: We pay you what you deserve to be paid. Too many employers only pay their employees what they think they have to pay, not what they deserve. Remember, we know by taking take of our employees and their families results in repeat business with our customers !!
Berks Construction Group is a National General Contractor who focusses on the following business sectors: Retail, Big Box Retail, Restaurants, Medical Offices, Fitness, Health and Wellness, Dental, Urgent Care Facilities etc.
We perform Fit outs/Retrofits & Ground Up construction.
Jointly responsible with the Project Manager for the overall success of the project. Responsible for meeting schedule, controlling costs, and managing manpower and equipment (if applicable) on assigned project. Provides continuous hands-on field supervision of all construction operations, including subcontractors and other construction related personnel; directing them in the planning, scheduling, and execution of work on time, within budget, and with high standards of workmanship. Attains or exceeds profit goals and promotes workplace safety while meeting or exceeding owner’s expectations. Promotes a positive company image. Is the leader on every project and is ultimately responsible for its operational success.
Experience and Employee Requirements:
- 10+ years’ experience in Commercial Project Management of Ground Up and Fit-outs of Projects for a General Contractor
- 10+ years reading and interpreting Drawings/Blueprints.
- OSHA certifications (preferred)
- Have a valid driver license with the ability to travel.
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Ability to work additional hours to meet business plan goals.
· Ability to quickly read and understand blueprints/plans.
· Very Organized with a strong eye for detail
· Working knowledge of: using a laptop, Microsoft word, internet, Procore and Excel knowledge a plus.
· Ability to read and interpret drawings and verify that the lays being done by the various subcontractors are accurate.
- Perform project supervision under the direction of a Project Manager.
· Meet with Project Manager for project to review the project in Project Turnover Meeting
- Attending the pre-construction meeting, all project progress meetings and weekly safety and informational meetings.
· Lead the on-site team from construction start through project close.
· Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness and orderliness.
· Proactively identify and help remedy design deficiencies, schedule concerns, and other project-specific issues.
Maintaining the Schedule:
- Maintaining or exceeding job schedule as provided by updating and providing each week a 2-3 week “look ahead” schedule. Super will “WORK THEIR SCHEDULE” by calling subs in advance to discuss upcoming inspections, milestones, and the amount manpower they are going to provide on a daily basis. Verify with each of these subs that they have procured the necessary equipment and materials to be on site on the required date to meet the schedule.
- Review progress of the project and adjust work schedules and request additional manpower from the subcontractors needed to maintain the schedule of the project.
- Maintaining knowledge of current plans, specs and submittal data (including authorized revisions)
- Inspect work in progress to make sure workmanship meets specifications and is on schedule
- Maintaining on a daily basis a set of red line drawings during the project duration
- Review contract documents and provide guidance on construct-ability issues.
Berks Construction Group, LLC
AddressNew Haven, CT
Get fresh Senior Construction Superintendent jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.