Construction Project Manager Commercial
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Construction Project Management
Why Berks Construction?
5 REASONS WHY TO CONTACT US ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY.
Employees First: It’s simple, we believe our employees are the most important asset we have. Our “Employees & Families First” culture trickles down to creating satisfied customers. Our employees know they are taken care of so therefore each employee makes sure they take care of each customer.
Repeat Business: 70% of our business is “Repeat Business”. This means that Berks Construction creates relationships. We understand that by creating and maintaining relationships with our Customers and Employees helps solidify our consistent “Repeat Business” pipeline of work.
Always has Work: Berks Construction Group has a policy to keep people working. During Covid when other companies were laying off, Berks Construction Group doubled its workforce. Our history has been that when the economy gets slow, Berks Construction Group doubles down on marketing and estimating to maintain growth even in a slower economy.
Our Benefits: Our benefits are first class. Top rated health Insurance, dental, Vison, paid life insurance. From 8%/4% 401k matching to Employer paid disability, just in case you get hurt away from our job, you can still take care of your family. We provide you a Computer, phone allowance, credit card, hotel lodging, transportation, food per-diem etc.
We Pay More: We pay you what you deserve to be paid. Too many employers only pay their employees what they think they have to pay, not what they deserve. Remember, we know by taking take of our employees and their families results in repeat business with our customers !!
Berks Construction Group is a National General Contractor who focusses on the following business sectors: Retail, Big Box Retail, Restaurants, Medical Offices, Fitness, Health and Wellness, Dental, Urgent Care Facilities etc.
We perform Fit outs/Retrofits & Ground Up construction.
The ideal candidate will be energetic, have an entrepreneurial spirit and a strong desire to work with a high-performance team. Have a positive attitude with the energy to fulfill all job responsibilities with integrity and excellence. Must possess a strong work ethic.
10+ years’ experience in Commercial Project Management of Ground Up and Fit-out projects
Ability to quickly read and understand blueprints/plans.
- Must Have very Strong Computer and software skills and be very fluent in the following Microsoft software: Word, Excel, Project, Teams, Share Point, Outlook etc.
- Fluent in Microsoft Excel is a must!
- Procore Experience a plus, but we will train.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining, 1. budget, 2. Schedule, 3. Quality, 4. Safety while all along following company processes, policies and procedures.
- Work with a high volume of work within tight deadlines and thrive under pressure.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Consistently meets deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extensive experience maintaining project budgets and schedules.
- Ability to communicate RFI's effectively and manage a RFI log and report to management delays in answering, change order requirements and project delays.
- Ability to create and send submittals for approval, manage a Submittal log and report to management any delays in approval or denials that are important.
- Ability to manage the purchase log to ensure that all Owner, GC and subcontractor materials and equipment arrive on the project by the required date to ensure an on-time completion.
- Submit and manage client and Subcontractor change orders. Must be able to determine if the subcontractor change order is valid and that the cost of the change order is reasonable.
- Chair all project meetings.
- Manage 3-4 projects at a time with supervisors on each project.
- Meet or exceed project objectives as determined in the pre-job planning process.
- Weekly reporting on all facets of the project
- submit and manage the following: RFI's/Log, Submittals/Log, Sub-Client Change Orders/Log, Shop Drawings/Log, maintenance manuals, as-built drawings, punch lists.
- Take an active role in and guide jobs and job teams in each phase including pre-construction, construction, closeout, and post-construction services.
- Take a big picture view of strategy, risk assessment, and profitability and continuously communicate this view throughout the life of the project.
- Identify and focus on critical issues related to construct ability including associated costs and logistical issues. Ensure timely and accurate completion of all Berks Construction financial processes, controls, and reports, i.e., internal budgets, costs to complete, billings, collections, subcontractor payments, change order preparation and resolution, contracts, etc.
- Ensure that jobs are completed according to schedule and meet profit goals. Oversee the change order process to ensure the extras presented to the owner get approved and are fair.
- Assist with new project transitions and pre-job planning.
- Provide accurate percent complete status on projects to accounting each month.
- Conduct a thorough analysis of job costs vs. budget.
- Visit project sites for troubleshooting and for the purposes of ensuring project quality. Site visits to be at least once a week.
- Oversee project security and safety.
- Prepare project AIA Billing requisitions.
- Review all purchase orders, delivery tickets, subcontractor requisitions, and invoices to see that they are coded correctly for project costing.
- Coordinate with purchasing the requisition of materials and furnish information for proper coding of invoices.
- Competitive salary
- Discretionary Job and Yearly Bonuses
- Laptop with a Hotspot
- Vehicle Allowance
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, and Personal Days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance available for employee and family
- Employer paid Life Insurance.
- Short Term Disability Insurance Available
- 401K with company match
- Opportunities for advancement and growth
- Training opportunities
Thank you for your interest in employment with Berks Construction Group, LLC. At BCG, we invest in our people, providing the essential training, instruction and supervisory support that they need to develop and grow within our company. We acknowledge that BCG's strength and success is directly related to our employees and the talents, dedication and job performance they exemplify. We seek dynamic, motivated people who are driven to make a difference.
BCG does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Berks Construction Group, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identify sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Berks Construction Group, LLCWhy Work Here?
Incredible growth, even through this pandemic, allowing our company to provide great opportunities to our current and future employees!!
Berks Construction Group, LLC is a Commercial General Contractor and Construction manager with offices in PA & NJ. Our work sectors include Medical, Dental, Corporate Fit-outs, Restaurants, Health and fitness. Our target regions are PA, NJ, NY, MD, DE, VA, CT. We employ some of the best talent in our geographic region and market place vertical.
AddressKing of Prussia, PA
ConstructionView all jobs at Berks Construction Group, LLC