Trust and Estate Tax Manager
· Knowledge and ability to research, comply, plan and administrate estate, gift and trust tax returns.
· Conduct Post-mortem planning, including use of disclaimers, allocation of generation-skipping transfer tax exemption and interface with attorneys, personal representatives and beneficiaries.
· Understand and implement estate plans to reduce estate and/or gift tax and maximize family wealth, including inter-vivos trusts, postmortem trusts and use of annual/life-time exemptions.
· Develop charitable giving strategies to minimize estate, gift and income tax.
· Review judicial and non-judicial fiduciary accountings for trusts and estates.
· Review federal estate tax returns and applicable state inheritance/estate tax returns.
· Review fiduciary income tax returns and provide planning to minimize taxes.
· Ability to understand and analyze partnership and corporate structure as they relate to the family’s organization.
· Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field required; Master's Degree preferred
· Minimum four years of experience in public accounting, two years with estate and trust concentration
· CPA license required
· Experience reviewing 1041s, 709s and 706s
· Strong research skills
· Experience managing multiple client engagements
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and anticipate client needs
· Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Job Type: Full-time