Title: Accounting Manager
Location: Miami, Fort Lauderdale or Boca Raton, Florida
Are you interested in accounting cloud tech? This is an opportunity to design and implement systems to help our team and clients work smarter not harder. Eliminate paper checks, stop entering data, there is a better way with integrated systems and data feeds.
Leverage cloud technologies to provide accounting advisory services to high net worth individuals, family offices, and small/medium businesses. Manage new client on-boarding, accounting system design, and supervise a staff of accounting associates. Coordinate, plan, and lead teams in process improvements utilizing problem solving techniques and technology to deliver value to our clients.
· Meet with clients via phone or web quarterly to assist in goal setting, coaching, while providing value added analysis of books & records.
· Guide financial decisions for external clients.
· Review business transaction reporting
· Work closely with bookkeepers, associates, managers, and directors to integrate practice development skills into a team approach to client service and new business development
· Maintain active communication with clients to manage expectations, ensure satisfaction, make sure deadlines are met and lead change efforts effectively
· Consult, work with, and service clients to make recommendations and serve as a business advisor to clients
· Assist the team in developing and implementing a modernized accounting back office.
- Four (4) years of accounting experience as an auditor, controller, or tax professional
- Master’s degree in Accounting
- CPA required
- Experience supervising bookkeepers or small teams
- Prior experience working in a CPA firm
- Bilingual – Fluency in English and Spanish a plus but not required
- Excellent computer skills including QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, Tallie, Xero, QuickBooks desktop, and Excel
- Excellent internet skills – familiarity or comfort with web based applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and be a self-starter
- Must be detail oriented, a team player and possess excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work additional hours as needed
Professional demeanor and ability to maintain confidentiality
Responsibilities subject to change