Berkowitz Pollack Brant, Advisors and Accountants has more than 200 Firm members working from offices in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Boca Raton, West Palm Beach and New York, NY. We are one of the largest public accounting firms in South Florida and one of the top 100 firms in the county. Our professionals provide a comprehensive approach to income, estate, financial and investment planning. We have cultivated a diverse client base, a wide range of practice areas and our growth is an indicator of our clients’ satisfaction.
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the Firm’s success. Our Firm culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.
Our forensic services group assists attorneys in the development and presentation of complex litigation cases. The group's combined business and technical skills enable them to manage and analyze significant amounts of data in preparation for expert testimony in court and alternative dispute resolution venues. Our team of professionals has a broad range of experience in investigative accounting and auditing, finance and business valuation, taxation, technology, damage assessment and bankruptcy/reorganization.
Execute litigation support/forensic accounting engagements, primarily in the matrimonial area but responsibilities may include business valuations, fraud examinations and more.
- Prepare completed case work-up that is well documented and free of material errors
- Communicate findings and present work product clearly and concisely (orally and in writing)
- Effectively present issues identified, researched and resolved
- Work on multiple engagements simultaneously
- Effectively delegate, supervise and guide staff in preparation of case work-up
- Assist in preparing expert witnesses for testimony
- Demonstrate the ability to earn the trust of clients through outstanding client service and communication
Responsibilities subject to change.
- Five (5) or more years of experience in litigation support (preferably in matrimonial)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and CPA
- ABV, CFR, CFF – desired
- Knowledge of tax accounting
- Experience managing multiple engagements and managing staff
- Excellent organizational skills, analytical skills and ability to work on a team
- Capacity to work well under pressure
- Ability to adjust priorities as deadlines shift
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Quickbooks, FinPlan and Summation
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish
BPB offers a fast-paced and challenging work environment. Each individual in our organization is integral to the firm's success. Our culture is one that is cohesive and unified. We are a team with a family atmosphere that creates a supportive environment and enables people to build fulfilling careers.